Dr. John Baker MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

October 21st, 2016
Worst Doctor in the state of Arkansas
Dr moved without any notification to patients. Will not do surgery at in network hospital forcing patients to wait until their benefits reset. Staff makes multiple excuses as to why messages are received. Get a lot of "Oops, thought I sent that" Only reason I found out Dr moved was I showed up for an appointment that they had cancelled and (as I was told by the receptionist) caught her there because they moved. I was told hospital is in network to then find out a month later it is not. Dr has could do surgery at an in network facility, but making patients wait which could cost them thousands more.

February 4th, 2016
He saved my life...

January 6th, 2015
Dr. Baker is the Best
Dr. Baker is strictly business. He is the best but he does not play. If you are not extremely serious about changing your lifestyle, he is not the doctor for you.

November 13th, 2013
past patient
it has been 7 years since this wonderful doctor came into my life and completely changed my life. i had the gastric by-pass surgery and to this day if i eat one bite to much i get sick. i weighed 479 pounds and now i weigh 140pounds. i still have alot of skin sagging but i have managed to work most of it off. i have a whole new life now where i walk and stand and feel i can accomplish anything. dr. baker is a very strict doctor. if he feels your not commited to this surgery, he will not do the surgery. he comes across very smug, but in the end he has a wonderful bedside manner and is very caring. i no longer have insurance and would love to visit him and show him that he did a wonderful job on my surgery.i highly recommend dr. baker and his great staff. thank you for giving me a life.

June 25th, 2013
arrogant sob
He's a great cutter, I'll give him that. But dealing with his holier than thou attitude and his office that refuses to get back to you when you have issues is a major turn off.

July 24th, 2012
Dr. Baker is very dedicated and serious about what he does. He wants to see his patients succeed. When he tells a patient to do something, he expects them to do what is asked of them. If you cannot follow rules, Dr. Baker is not the doctor for you.

June 25th, 2011
Dr Baker
very nice Dr, very caring, good surgeon.All in all just a angel sent from heaven.

November 18th, 2009
Best Surgeon ever!!!!
Dr. Baker performed my gastric bypass about 10 yrs ago..I haven't had any complications from my surgery at all..The only problem I have is low iron , calcium and vit d levels..That's due to the surgery and that's to be expected especially if you don't take your supplements like he tells you to.He is very strict and will get on to you if you are not following his directions...lol He cares about his patients and his patients well being..Very good bedside manners.. I would recommend him to any body ...especially for the gastric bypass surgery.. He is the best in Arkansas..I am so lucky to have met Dr. Baker he has changed my life..I thank God for him..I am a nurse and I have also worked with him at Baptist..He is the best!!!!!!!

May 19th, 2009
Best Surgeon Ever !
My sister is alive today because of Dr. Baker. He is a conscientious and meticulous surgeon. Not only has he performed more than one surgery on my sister he has graciously and willing assisted other surgeons at her request. Dr. Baker is a caring, discerning surgeon and gentleman. If I required surgery he would be my first request and I would be extremely lucky and priviledged if he accepted.

September 10th, 2008
He thinks he is above you
If your on medicare he trites you like your a nothing and dum. And he lets you know he is the only doctor around for 200 miles that takes Medacare .I dont care for him ,but like he said he has me over a barrel