Dr. John Boyd MD Patient Reviews

March 18th, 2016
Excellent Doctor!!!!
Dr. Boyd has an impeccable bedside manner. He is very kind and compassionate. He is also extremely knowledgeable and he takes him time to listen to any concerns you have. I went to him years ago and I will continue to see him in the future. My family member just had a procedure done by him today and he did an excellent job. He made us feel welcome and his sense of humor is a pure delight!!! A few of my friends have also gone to him and they each say the same thing. This Dr. definitely has our vote!

April 28th, 2015
I have been a long time patient of Dr John Boyd. Dr Boyd has provided exceptional care to me and has a wonderful bedside manner! I feel that without my treatment from him I would not be where I am today. Dr Boyd always takes the time to listen and address any concerns I have had since being diagnosed with ulcerative colitis. He truly cares about his patients and I feel Blessed to have him as my doctor. I would highly recommend Dr Boyd to anyone looking for a gastroenterologist.

April 27th, 2015
Do I need a gastrointestinal specialist or do I need a nutritionalist?
I've had gastrointestinal problems for years. I've tried to explain my symptoms - I'm told it's just IBS. Okay, it's been years and years of diet changes, meds that do nothing and I'm not sure where to go or who to see next. I need a doctor that will work with me to resolve the problems I have.

April 24th, 2015
Really took time with me, to explain procedure, answer any of my questions and his bedside manner was outstanding. Very kind and compassionate, doctor. Very easy to get my refills, for my medicine. I would highly recommend him to anyone who needs to see someone in his field of medicine.

February 15th, 2015
Extremely good Doctor., Always recommend him to others everywhere I go.

February 5th, 2015

January 29th, 2015
Great Personal Care from Day 1
I've been going to Riverside Gastroenterology for 5 years now (my condition has me visiting quite often) and am always greeted and helped by a great staff every time I go. I first met Dr. Boyd 5 years ago when I was lying in a hospital bed trying to figure out what was wrong me. He was the doctor on call (not my doctor at the time) and re-assured me that he was going to help me get better. He came to visit me in my room everyday to check on me, get to know me, and work on getting me better. After my doctor retired I requested to be under his care. For the last three years Dr. Boyd has given me every resource I need to make well informed decisions about my care and condition. He works with me as a partner in my care and doesn't hesitate to call me directly when I have questions or trouble. When I have a visit he makes sure that I have all the time I need to communicate my condition, I have all the information I need, and makes sure we are both on the same page with my care. In this day and age of healthcare you don't find a doctor who exhibits the amount of professionalism and personal care that Dr. Boyd provides.

October 3rd, 2014
LCDR USN (Ret)
He saved my life and remains my partner in medicine for the rest of it.

April 8th, 2013
The Best!
Dr. Boyd is, hands down, the BEST physician I have ever seen. Not only is he professional and knowledgeable, he is kind, caring, and shows a great deal of concern for the patient. He is what every doctor should be. In my 67 years of life, I have seen many doctors, however, none are even a close match to Dr. Boyd.

February 28th, 2012
Agree with last rating!
My feelings are the same as the last person. He is very personable and took a lot of time with me when other doctors would not. Very easy going personality and called back quickly when I was having problems. Even called the next morning to see how I was doing. I've never had a doctor do that. He truly acts like he cares what happens. I also had a colonoscopy which could not have gone better. He did diagnose a problem which 4 other doctors could not. Highly recommend him.

July 22nd, 2011
This Doctor is the Best!
I can't believe that some of the comments I've read are about the same doctor I saw. What are they thinking? Dr. Boyd is very personable and a caring physician. He diagnosed a rather complex condition I had and is successfully treating me. I feel like a new person! He is good natured with a sense of humor, listened carefully to my symptoms and thoughts, and even called me at home to see how I was doing. He is very accessible; I could page him whenever I wanted, and he responded quickly. He is a very talented doctor with a wealth of knowledge who knows how to treat his patients. If I had to start over again, I would choose Dr. Boyd as my gastroenterologist without hesitation. He is THAT good!

February 6th, 2011
Helped me tremendously , would highly recommend.