John W Collins JR., MD
19550 E 39th St S
Ste 400
Independence, MO 64057
816-254-4800
Locations and availability (3)

|  terrible  |  show details
by john doe on Sep 18th, 2013

Terrible doctor. First off this was work comp and he misdiagnosed me and release me back to work until I went to my personal doctor and found several issues that required surgery. This doctor should have his licensed revoked immediately. He swore up and down everything's fine when even my personal doctor with the exact same MRI said idk how he missed this.

Doctor's Response

Dr. Collins would love to discuss the patients outcome with him please call the office for a evaulation to dicuss.

|  Greatful  |  show details
by Richard A Kitchen on Jun 3rd, 2013

Met him in the ER at MCI hospital 1977 my father had been a car accident suffering a crushed hip the outlook was dim. Dr Collins put my dad back together and he made a full recovery. Ten years later a new hip was required Dr Collins did the surgery once again a positive outcome. Since 1977 Dr Collins performed surgery on every member of my family including me. I cannot say enough about the caring professionalism of Dr Collins and his staff for the last 30 years.

|  Patient  |  show details
Jun 5th, 2012

My experience w/ Dr. Collins, was one born of emergency, pain from a MVA. He from the beginning gave me medications to stop me from feeling the awful horrible pain I was having. Made an appointment for surgery within the first week, and completely resolved the issue in the next month. He stood up for me with my legal case and did it on his own time and went way on my side to make everything all right, and was as kind as anyone I have ever met. He gave good advice, treated me better than just about any Dr. I've ever had. Talked to me until I completely understood everything, without admonishing me for going over and over it. While I was in the hospital, St. Mary's in Blue Springs, he saw me just about every day. He followed through with telling the hospital staff about special requests, kept the idiots at bay, and completely relaxed me as a patient in that hospital! I have followed his advice about being fused from L4-S1. I swim now three x per week, do all the exercises my trainer would have me do, swim with an over 60's synchronized team at the Y and totally love my life! I will always remember him for the rest of my life as the truest form of Doctor. One who walks in words of the Hippocratic Oath, one who crosses the lines and care's about every patient on every level.