Dr. John Collins Jr Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. John Collins Jr?

August 5th, 2016

Amazing Doctor, he actually listened and valued what I had to say!

August 1st, 2016

I have used Dr. Collins for several medical needs and am always pleased with his service and professionalism as well as that of his staff.

July 14th, 2016

Dr. John Collins is highly recommended

I have seen Dr. Collins not necessarily on a regular basis, but several times over the last 20+ years. He is a very gentle, friendly Surgeon who is very thorough and includes you in what you are going to have done. He tells you the options and leaves the decision up to you.

April 21st, 2016

Horrible experience I would never recommend Dr.Collins to anyone. I already knew I had a pretty moderate scoliosis (39 degrees) and arthritis on the spine I have been told by another doctor, but my doctor was leaving so that is why I had to find another doctor. Dr.Collins comes in without any X-rays in front of him and said I have minimal curvature and everyone has that. EXCUSE me a 39 degree curvature isn't minimal and then he got my mom up and used her as a example telling me to look at her see everyone has a curvature. I have been having severe pain in my back and he just told me I need to stretch more (which I already do that). I was very upset and I felt like it was a waste of time he didn't do anything. I will not be going back to him.

March 15th, 2016

Another Good Experience

This was my second visit to Dr. Collins. The first was for my hip and this one for my knee. I used him because of the good experience family members have had, including my 89 year old father-in-law who has had both knees replaced by Dr. Collins. Dr. Collins is very thorough and takes a lot of time to talk about what he sees and to explain his diagnosis. On this visit, like the last one, he explained that I did not need any surgical intervention and that time should take care of the problem. No expensive tests, just a good explanation of what was going on. It is good to know that Dr. Collins does not push his patients to surgery, but that if it is needed, he is top notch and my first choice. His office staff is very friendly and helpful. And Dr. Collins is a very interesting person to talk with. Finally, if my 89 year old father-in-law likes him after two knee replacements, that is a very high recommendation. Thank you Dr. Collins and Staff.

November 21st, 2015

DR. COLLINS AND HIS STAFF ARE AMAZING!

I cannot say enough nice things about Dr. John Collins and his staff. I fell and was in a lot of pain. I called their office and was told to come as soon as I could. In 15 minutes I was in there office. They saw me immediately. Dr. Collins is just an amazing doctor. He takes the time to talk to you and answer any questions you may have. They took X-rays there in his office and scheduled me for an MRI. I go back in a couple of days for the results of that MRI. I just couldn't be happier with this doctor and his staff. I would highly recommend them!!!

November 8th, 2015

Exceptional experience

Spent time explaining my symptoms, actually showed me the MRI, and pointed out where problems were indicated. I was immediately reassured that I was in good hands, and asked him to take me as a patient. Terrific manner with me, didn't rush the consultation. Will be having a knee replacement within the month.

September 18th, 2013

terrible

Terrible doctor. First off this was work comp and he misdiagnosed me and release me back to work until I went to my personal doctor and found several issues that required surgery. This doctor should have his licensed revoked immediately. He swore up and down everything's fine when even my personal doctor with the exact same MRI said idk how he missed this.

Doctor's Response

Dr. Collins would love to discuss the patients outcome with him please call the office for a evaulation to dicuss.

June 3rd, 2013

Greatful

Met him in the ER at MCI hospital 1977 my father had been a car accident suffering a crushed hip the outlook was dim. Dr Collins put my dad back together and he made a full recovery. Ten years later a new hip was required Dr Collins did the surgery once again a positive outcome. Since 1977 Dr Collins performed surgery on every member of my family including me. I cannot say enough about the caring professionalism of Dr Collins and his staff for the last 30+ years.

June 5th, 2012

Patient

My experience w/ Dr. Collins, was one born of emergency, pain from a MVA. He from the beginning gave me medications to stop me from feeling the awful horrible pain I was having. Made an appointment for surgery within the first week, and completely resolved the issue in the next month. He stood up for me with my legal case and did it on his own time and went way on my side to make everything all right, and was as kind as anyone I have ever met. He gave good advice, treated me better than just about any Dr. I've ever had. Talked to me until I completely understood everything, without admonishing me for going over and over it. While I was in the hospital, St. Mary's in Blue Springs, he saw me just about every day. He followed through with telling the hospital staff about special requests, kept the idiots at bay, and completely relaxed me as a patient in that hospital! I have followed his advice about being fused from L4-S1. I swim now three x per week, do all the exercises my trainer would have me do, swim with an over 60's synchronized team at the Y and totally love my life! I will always remember him for the rest of my life as the truest form of Doctor. One who walks in words of the Hippocratic Oath, one who crosses the lines and care's about every patient on every level.

October 18th, 2017