A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. John Melton:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. John Melton is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Melton
Rheumatoid Arthritis Patient Education Learn all about RA and various treatments and medications with Vitals rhuematoid arthritis patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Melton Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. John Melton, MD is board certified in Internal Medicine and Rheumatology.
- He has special expertise in 6 areas:
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Rheumatic Diseases
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
Education & Awards
Dr. Melton graduated from Virginia Commonwealth University, Richmond. He has 1 awards.
Dr. Melton has 3 hospital affiliations:
- Rappahannock General Hospital
- Georgetown University Hospital, Washington, Dc
- Georgetown Univ. Hospital
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. John Wesley Melton MD is a male Internist, has 45 years of experience and practices in Internal Medicine and Rheumatology.
- Where does Dr. John W. Melton practice?
- Dr. John Melton has 1 office location.
Dr. John Melton practices Internal Medicine and Rheumatology near Lively, VA.
See Lively Internists and Lively Rheumatologists.