Dr. John Mesko MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.9

October 27th, 2016
No relief, no followup.
A loud snap and sudden pain led me to believe I had injured my right hip. On third day, visited walkin clinic. X rayed. Possible hip damage. Referred to Dr. Mesko. On 16th day saw Dr. mesko after 1 1/2 hr.wait. Another X ray. Showed minimal arthritic damage. Advised to wait and hope for continuing healing. Waited three months during which time pain subsided for a while and then started to increase to the point where I thought additional treatment was justified. Appointment resulted in scheduling hip injection one week later. Injection was uneventful and concluded with a brief questionnaire about pain level before, at time of, 1 day later and one week later. Form was mailed in one week later stating that no improvement was obtained. I assumed that after the Dr had noted that the injection was not effective, I would be contacted with dr's recommendations for next step in solving my increasing discomfort. Wrong assumption. Four more weeks have passed with no follow up. My pain continues to increase. I give up.

October 5th, 2016
Would Not Recommend Under Any Circumstances
Initially Dr. Mesko was kind and seemed concerned. I saw him because I was told he was a Christian and that meant a lot to me. He replaced my hip. Following surgery I had pain that kept getting worse and felt my complaints weren't taken seriously. Out of frustration I sought a second opinion and while copying records I discovered a letter he had written in my chart using information supplied to him by another doctor. This other doctor had made a serious medical error and was trying to cover his own misstep by making me look bad. Dr. Mesko never discussed this call with me. After much pressure he finally performed an aspiration of my very sore, possibly infected hip which caused me severe pain (of which he was oblivious, and most surgeons perform under anesthesia). It felt like torture (and I've been through other injections into my hip and several surgeries, this was much, much worse). He sent the fluid for the wrong tests and then refused to treat my increased pain. When a specialist finally revised my hip he found that Dr. Mesko had made my hip 1" too long and had placed the cup at the wrong angle causing my persistent pain. Following the surgery I met w Dr. Mesko's office manager (quite nice) to ask him to retract the letter calling me a liar and he refused. No apology. No regret. No putting his patient as his priority. No Christian behavior. Sorely disappointed. He should be ashamed.

October 29th, 2015
Follow up on hip of 1991
Dr. Mesko inserted a bipolar hip replacement in my right hip in 1991 and being the overly active person I am he at that time had no idea of how long the hip would last as there were no stats. for people my age (41) at the time, so here I am 24yrs. later and am now just feeling discomfort so it's time to get a look at what's going on.

October 22nd, 2014
I had both my right knee and right hip replaced by Dr. Mesko and will definitely be back in the near future for my left knee. He did a great job and neither surgery left me with a shorter leg or any other problems. He is very easy to talk to and listens!!

January 16th, 2013
Hip replacement
I seen Doc in 1991 and he advised a Bi Polar Hip replacement , so we did this and I've been on the go every since. I bowl, bow hunt, race stock cars, work a physical construction job every day ,,so thx Doc , your the best!!

February 4th, 2012
Restored my life
I had both knees replaced 3 years ago. that operation has restored my life and I feel like a 20 year old again. I was starting to use wheelchairs for any walking over a few hundred feet. Six months after the operations I was climbing mountain trails. I am physically active and walk anywhere anyone else does. Hard to remember now that I was infirm. Couldn't have a better result and I am forever grateful.

December 27th, 2011
No Happy Camper!
Much too long a waiting time (6 mo) from diagnosis to surgery. Large chunk of glue was left at surgical site causing additional pain and surgery, the removal of which patient had to pay for. Continuing problems with pain requiring further consultations with another physician.