Dr. John Nelson MD Patient Reviews

3.0

July 6th, 2016
Bad experiance
Have been to clinic only twice. First visit was good. Second was very bad right off the bat, they didn't know why I was there. Then after I told them they realized the referral paper had not been submitted from the first visit. Then he had the nerve to get lippy with me trying to defend the error. So basically my insurance paid for a visit that I got nothing out of, complete waste of time. Few weeks later I got referral for back injections and got the call from staff to arrange date and time. Never no mention that I had to fast before the procedure. So there I was on time and ready, only to be told I had to reschedule because I ate an orange earlier. Then he again defended his staff, He really needs to reevaluate his staff especially the rude one they hide in the back who answers phones. Some bed side manners wouldn’t hurt from him either. Lastly if you call and get voice mail which is 75% of the time, the message will say they will try get back to you in 3 days. I ended up getting another referral to another clinic. Also reported the wasted visit to my insurance company, thought they should know how he does business. They were also very disturbed by the practice, and would evaluate it more, and consider removing him from their referral list.

May 10th, 2016
The only problem I have is they don't call you back or.

January 25th, 2016
HORRIBLY TREATED, listen to the real reviews, and not the 5 star reviews made by him and his staff putting patients down for begging for relief from pain! Treats you like a drug head, and very rude. Overcharges and makes things up to get money! RUN AWAY
I saw Nelson several years ago, amd I waited over 3 hours for my appointment! He treated me like all I wanted was drugs, when I was asking for alternative path, non narcotic. Went to my appointment, and he was gone! Moved and didn't tell me! As for his staff obviously making posts about people breaking the rules, etc. just to make the people in severe chronic pain look bad........that should show you right there what a bad doctor and staff this joint is! I never broke ANY rules. I showed up on time. I took my medication as directed. I even asked his permission before taking ibuprofen! RUN AWAY FAST, LISTEN TO THESE REVIEWS! He, and his staff which keeps changing just like his location, treated my wife and I like all we wanted was drugs, when all I wanted was pain relief! Find a doctor who cares about his patients, and NOT HOW FAT HE CAN MAKE HIS WALLET OFF PEOPLE! RUN HARD AND FAST AWAY FROM THIS DOCTOR!

January 21st, 2016
Aloof and uncaring. Office run like a billing machine patient mill

January 13th, 2016
I freaking love Dr. Nelson
All these bad reviews are probably from people that have broken the "rules" of pain management! Dr. Nelson is one of the best doctors I've ever been to. He got me to stop smoking because he actually cares about his patients and smoking makes back issues worse!! He is NOT a pill pushing doctor!! If you abide by the contract that you sign he helps you and your pain. It's that simple. I highly recommend Dr. Nelson!!

January 4th, 2016
The best

August 14th, 2015
I can't believe this doctor is still practicing. Stay far away from him. He just keeps moving from state to state and I will keep paying attention to warn people. he was kicked out of my state and under investigation he needs to stay away from medicine he's bad news.

February 3rd, 2014
Enter at your own risk
I have had 4 back surgerys. I was refered to Nelson from another dr. The whole time I seen him my pain was out of control. He accused me of taking a medication that was not precribed to me. I looked in disbelief and it was someone elses UA results! Wow. One mistake after another after another. Poor bedside manners and his office personal is nothing to be desired.

September 15th, 2013
Wonderful Doctor
Dr Nelson has been a God Send for my 18 year old daughter. He listened, made no assumptions about her and relieved her pain. Every other doctor takes a look at her and says " she's 18 and to pretty to have anything seriously wrong with her" what a crock of poo. How beautiful or unattractive a young woman is has NO BEARING on he health. Dr Nelson is the smartest most compassionate dr. we have ever known. Fantastic. His staff is a little inefficient but that would NEVER stop us from seeing a brilliant dr.

March 29th, 2012
Very discourteous office & Dr.
I went with my husband on all but 2 visits to Dr. Nelson. He paid no attention to our questions and was at times rude. We were referred to him for a pain pump implant and to be able for my husband to stop taking pain meds. The trial was fantastic!! Took last pain pill the morning of surgery in December, 2011. Pain pump was put in and my husband has been in the most pain since then. We made numerous visits to get an adjustment, only to be told there would not be one. Dr. said all my husband wanted was drugs. We did not want oral meds, just wanted the pain pump to work. Last visit we were told the setting was higher than the trial medication & he was to arrange a procedure to have a dye test. This has been 3 weeks ago and not a word since. Had pump monitored yesterday by a Medtronic rep, pump is totally dry and set on the lowest setting possible. Dr. Nelson is a pain management Dr.? He has done nothing but manage to keep my husband's pain level at an all time high. Get someone else that wants to help people and it is not Dr. Nelson. With regard to the staff, very unprofessional and rude. Phone calls are not returned and in looking at our statements we have been invoiced for procedures that were not done.

November 2nd, 2011
Dr. Nelson is direct and to the point, which I love. He is on a mission to find exactly what is wrong, make a diagnosis and then find a solution. I would HIGHLY recommend him!!

July 18th, 2011
Just dont understand this guy
Overall it wasnt a bad visit....but it will be my only visit....I will find a new doctor.....It took me 9 phone calls to get my appointment....once I got in and waited forever...I was tossed out quick with my next appointment in two weeks....I feel like this is a mill....money pit without results. Sorry guys but just cant let everyone fall subject to this place.