A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. John Prather:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. John Prather is Good.
Prepare before visiting Dr. Prather
Smoking Cessation Patient Education Smoking cessation patient education guide to help you quit smoking and avoid cancer and other health related problems.Before Visiting Dr. Prather Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. John Prather, FACC, MD, PA is board certified in Internal Medicine and Cardiovascular Disease.
- He has special expertise in 5 areas:
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Heart Block
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- Unstable Angina
Education & Awards
Dr. Prather graduated from University of California at San Diego, La Jolla.
Dr. Prather has 6 hospital affiliations:
- Magnolia Regional Health Center
- Baptist Memorial Hospital Union County
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. John Wayne Prather FACC, MD, and PA is a male Internist, has 39 years of experience and practices in Internal Medicine and Cardiovascular Disease.
- Where does Dr. John W. Prather practice?
- Dr. John Prather has 1 office location.
Dr. John Prather practices Internal Medicine and Cardiovascular Disease near Corinth, MS.
See Corinth Internists and Corinth Cardiologists.