A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. John Smith:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 3 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. John Smith is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. John Smith, MD is board certified in Internal Medicine and Medical Oncology.
- He has special expertise in 4 areas:
- Biological Therapy (Immunotherapy)
- Breast Cancer
- Skin Cancer
Education & Awards
Dr. Smith graduated from Thomas Jefferson University, Philadelphia.
Dr. Smith has 9 hospital affiliations:
- Providence Milwaukie Hospital
- Adventist Medical Center
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Smith accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- Providence Health Plan - 2 plans
- United Healthcare - 12 plans
- Regence Blue Cross Blue Shield - 6 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 3 plans
- Community Health Plan of Washington - 2 plans
- ODS Health Plans - 2 plans
- Evercare - 2 plans
- Humana - 4 plans
- Cigna - 2 plans
- Aetna - 2 plans
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. John W. Smith practice?
Dr. John Smith practices Internal Medicine, Medical Oncology, Hematology & Oncology, and Hematology near Portland, OR.
Additional practice locations include: Tualatin, OR and Ann Arbor, MI.
See Portland Internists, Portland Oncologists, and Portland Hematologists.