Dr. John Sperling Is this you?

3.6

Have you seen Dr. John Sperling?

Dr Sperling is Awesome!!

Posted on April 20th, 2017

Dr Sperling is an excellent communicator and a phenomenal surgeon. The guy treats you like a friend!!

Be weary

Posted on September 15th, 2016

After a month and a half of anticipation for my appointment with Dr. Sperling, I could not have been more disappointed in how it went. After a 3 hour drive, I quickly got in to get the x-ray he suggested, and after a short wait, I was led into his waiting room by his "assistant." If we were to rate his assistant, a 1 star would be too generous. This man would ask me questions, and cut me off in the middle of my response just to ask me something else. He did not care about my response 1 bit, he just had to list off these questions as quick as possible before he waddled out of the room in his pastel colored suit like an absolute clown. Then shortly after, Dr. Sperling came into the room. He had me remove my shirt and do 3 very elementary movements before asking me where the pain was. After I pointed to the spot on my back, he said that area was more scapular and he did not work on that area... I sent copies of my MRI, CT, X-Ray, as well as notes from previous physicians a month in advance. All of which stated how my pain was scapular. And to top it off Dr. Sperling claimed he read my file! So he either made me drive 6 hours for a 5 minute appointment just to tell me he doesn't work with the scapula, or he is a liar. He might be a decent doctor if your symptoms happen to be something he is qualified to work on, but unless you live in Rochester and have time and money to waste, I would avoid him at all cost.

Great Experience

Posted on June 28th, 2016

Wow, I saw a well known, Deroit area Orthopedist numerous times, and he performed 3 surgeries on my shoulder. I was still in serious pain. I went to my family doc who suggested I see Dr Sperling at Mayo Clinic. He agreed to fix it, got my surgery scheduled and I when it was over I felt so much better and was able to go home and to sleep. This is an amazing doctor!

Patient

Posted on March 26th, 2013

I won't return to him. I've been treated at Mayo Rochester for about seven years and continue with them because of the Mayo Ethic and Mayo Model. In my opinion, this doctor doesn't chose to abide with the level of cares I've found to exist in nearly every other department. My office visits with him were short < 3 minutes, which I thought were insultive. He didn't spend time explaining much, just that it could be fixed. I found it rude. There's much better at Mayo.

Long way for Nothing

Posted on October 11th, 2012

Went to Dr Sperling to find the cause of my shoulder pain. Even though my referral was made 2 months in advance- he did not appear to have read any of the information. I drove 800 mies to have 1 X-ray and for dr sperling o tell me it's not my shoulder. I had to BEG him to send me somewhere else. He sighed and rolled his eyes at me... He finally referred me to pain management. He was basically rude, uncaring, and very put out. I thought the Mayo clinic had a standard of care... This guy was awful !

Great Mayo clinic shoulder specialist

Posted on October 5th, 2011

Overall, Dr. Sperling is a very smart and resourceful physician. I felt completely comfortable during my office visits and after my surgery. He has good assistants and residents that work with him. If he couldn't be there to answer my questions, he made sure that someone from his team was available. It's hard to get in to see him at first, but my follow up visits are much easier to schedule. I would highly recommend Dr. Sperling to anyone who has shoulder problems.

Posted on October 23rd, 2017