Dr. John Thompson Jr MD Patient Reviews

2.5

• Good
  • Bad

April 29th, 2014
Dr.Thompson ordered all the test he needed to, told me I had a spot on my lung or nodule and would retest it in 6 mos well the problem I have is not wanting to wait that long. 3 mos I could see due to my family history with lung Cancer,he seemed like it was his way or the highway,didn't seem to want to listen to me and my concern.

April 21st, 2009
When I visited Dr. Thompson concerning a mass in my breast, his questioning concerning my medications was very confrontational. He would not give me time to answer one question before he asked another. At one point he told me that there was not medical center where I said I had seen a doctor. He has missed part of my answer.At one point he told me to pay attention and answer his questions. I was paying close attention and answering his questions. When I said the visit seemed more like an interrogation than an office call, he said I needed to find another doctor and left the room. There were no questions concerning my mass. I dressed and left.The next day when I called the same clinic to make an appointment with another doctor, the woman told me that she could not make an appointment for me with any doctor in that clinic.

March 29th, 2009
Rude, Arrogant, Unprofessional, Uncaring, and Unethical!
Dr. Thompson diagnosed my grandfather with dementia, put him on medication for the condition, and then subsequently "fired my grandfather as a patient at his next doctor's appointment. Thompson told my grandfather that he asked too many questions and that by asking questions he was second guessing the diagnosis. The doctor did not even agree to continue seeing my grandfather until he found another doctor (which I am pretty sure is required by law) nor did he refer him to another physician - he simply told him he was "fired as a patient." This physician's uncaring, arrogant behavior left my grandfather upset, confused, and without medical care for over two months.

February 13th, 2009
Condescending and Dismissive
He cut me off mid-sentence at several points during my first (and only) visit. Then he abruptly left the room, leaving the nurse to finish the appointment. Several tests in the clinic followed. It's been a month since my appointment and tests, yet he and his staff have yet to offer any results. My phone calls have not been returned. Awful doctor, awful care, awful service.

January 20th, 2017