A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. John Walkup:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. John Walkup is Poor.
Prepare before visiting Dr. Walkup
Bipolar Disorder Patient Education Learn all about symptoms, treatments and medications of bipolar disorder by reading our BD patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Walkup Learn More
|More Patient Guides & Topics|
ADHD in Adults
Major Depressive Disorder
Specialties & Research
Dr. John Walkup, MD is board certified in Child & Adolescent Psychiatry.
- He has special expertise in 6 areas:
- Anxiety Disorders
- Depressive Disorder
- Mood Disorders
- Tic Disorders
- Tourette Syndrome
Education & Awards
Dr. Walkup graduated from University of Minnesota, Twin Cities, Minneapolis. He has 2 awards.
Dr. Walkup has 5 hospital affiliations:
- NewYork-Presbyterian / Weill Cornell
- New York Presbyterian Hospital / The Allen Pavilion
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. John Walkup MD is a male Pediatric / Adolescent Psychiatrist, has 29 years of experience and practices in Child & Adolescent Psychiatry.
- Where does Dr. John Walkup practice?
- Dr. John Walkup has 1 office location.
Dr. John Walkup practices Child & Adolescent Psychiatry near New York, NY.
See New York Psychiatrists.