Dr. John Ward Jr MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

November 12th, 2010
EXCELLENT PHYSICIAN
I don't believe that the doctor has total control over how long someone waits to see him or her therefore this is an unfair question in rating a doctor. He is not doing the booking in and when there is a heavy day with a lot of emergencies, he has no control over that. Therefore, it seems to me that asking those two questions are not or should not be a part of his overall performance. When it comes to bedside manner and professionalism, I believe that he would be very hard to beat and having had a lot of doctors since I had bone cancer long before I met him I think that I have some knowledge into what goes into being a good doctor. However, I believe that Dr. Ward is an Excellent Doctor, not just a good one.

June 19th, 2010
After having had bone cancer and 15 major surgeries I think I know doctors fairly well and I would put him in the top 15% of doctors I've seen. Perhaps even the top 10%. I feel fortunate to have him as my doctor.
Dr. Ward is very good about hitting every subject brought up and doing whatever tests needed or sending you to a specialist if it's called for. I have a lot of confidence in Dr. Ward as he is my PCP. He has never rushed me out or tried to get me going quicker. He always has had lots of patience with me. He also seems very aware and compassionate with an above average bedside manner. He is also truthful with me which is hard to find in doctors these days! He tells it the way it is, not necessarily what you want to hear. I like honesty in my doctor which is one of the main reasons I have continued to see him as my Primary Care Physician.

February 11th, 2017