Family Physicians

4225 US Highway 68
Golden Valley, AZ 86413
928-263-6844
Locations and availability (4)

2.5

Some ratings provided by Yahoo.
 |  negligent  |  show details
May 8th, 2014

Doctor Weidner may want to actually read the test results of patients so they don't end up in the hospital due to his negligence.

May 8th, 2012

Dr John Weidner I am contacting the medical board on and am now filing a Malpractice lawsuit on. His practice is very untollarable and his professionalism is very weak. If anyone wants a doctor go somewhere else. I am pretty sure that is why he no longer practices for Kingman Regional or Cerbat Medical. We will be contacting the medical board.

|  Phenomenal Physician and human being!  |  show details
by J. Skye Smith on Apr 15th, 2011

I see Dr. John (Jack) Weidner at his Golden Valley office. For anyone who complains about the "wait time at the office", let me clue you in about this man: he takes time to listen to his patients, particularly the new patients. He efficiently enters data into a laptop, which is an optimal, time-saving approach. This is one smart cookie!You will not be walking into a medical warehouse, where what is important to know about you (quirks, phobias, allergies, et cetera) is often likely to be overlooked. This is a conscientious man who listens and asks relevant questions."Dr. Jack" has been seen to literally *run* from room to room to keep on schedule. He dismisses, rather than taking, cell phone calls while he's with patients. Furthermore, at least in the Golden Valley office, his Assistant Sierra is a woman who wears many hats and does so quite cheerfully. She is the person at the front desk and the person who takes your vitals. She is the person who chases down records from less than cooperative staff of other Doctors. She sets, IMO, the standard for excellence that so many others in the business fail to even attempt achieving.Dr. Weidner will not simply write you a prescription because it's what you want. You have to prove, either through medical or pharmacy records, that you are or have been receiving treatment and medications for specific ailments or have recently developed a condition that warrants some form of medication or medical device. And if you come in with a physical complaint, as did I, he will examine the area thoroughly to verify that you do indeed have the problem you've described. In other words, he has a 'BS meter' and will call your bluff if you haven't got sufficient proof that your needs are legitimate. I doubt even Johnny Depp could act well enough to pull the wool over this man's eyes.Thus far, Dr. Weidner seems to be a quiet sort who does not laugh easily. He is, however, entirely polite and very patient with his patients (pun intended). If you want a Doctor who knows his stuff and will give you appropriate treatment, this is the man to see. If you're looking for an entertainer, there are plenty of them out there from which to choose.It is my preference to have a Physician who has the ability to listen and understand, then proceed to do precisely what is needed to determine that the problem is indeed what I believe it to be and recommend a course of action that is minimalist, while explaining what more drastic measures might need to be taken if the gentler approach does not correct the problem. I am an extreme introvert who overcompensates via the mechanism of "nervous extroversion". In other words, particularly when I'm nervous, I talk too much and become tangential. This Doctor listens, is kind and if he felt any irritation with had the composure of a Tibetan monk, in that there was no indication of impatience.Great Physicians who are also great human beings are becoming increasing rare. If I have to wait two hours to see this man, it is well worth it: I can bring a book to read or listen to tunes on my MP3 player. I am thankful to have found this man and grateful to his Assistant, Sierra, for being so competent and such a genuine sweetheart.

Dec 21st, 2010

Had to wait three hours, he lost my x-ray reports.

|  Kept me waiting 2 hours  |  show details
Oct 31st, 2009

Just thought I was a nut and didn't care to determine what the problem is. I waited two hours for one visit. That was unbelievable....

Mar 16th, 2008 on yahoo.com

Did you know, Dr Weidner can now be seen in Golden Valley? He is no longer affiliated with Cerbat Medical Center. He can be reached at Valley Medical. He is now in the office with Dr Lindsey and Dr Morgan! YAY!

Read Full Review at yahoo.com
Jan 11th, 2008 on yahoo.com

Dr. Weidner put me at ease when I had to take my daughter in for shots. He's listens to everything i have to say and calms my concerns. He's very professional and courteous. Above all my daughter likes him and she doesn't like anyone.

Read Full Review at yahoo.com