A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. John Welkie:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. John Welkie is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Welkie
Metastatic Melanoma Patient Education Learn all about metastatic melanoma symptoms and treatments by reading Vitals patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Welkie Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. John Welkie, MD is board certified in Surgery and Vascular Surgery.
- He has special expertise in 2 areas:
- AIDS/HIV (Acquired Immunodeficiency Syndrome)
- Infectious Disease
Education & Awards
Dr. Welkie graduated from Thomas Jefferson University, Philadelphia.
Dr. Welkie has 7 hospital affiliations:
- Sacred Heart Hospital/Allentown
- Lehigh Valley Hospital
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. John F Welkie MD is a male Surgeon, has 27 years of experience and practices in Surgery and Vascular Surgery.
- Where does Dr. John F. Welkie practice?
- Dr. John Welkie has 1 office location.
Dr. John Welkie practices Surgery and Vascular Surgery near Allentown, PA.
See Allentown Surgeons.