A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
be the first!
Specialties & Research
Dr. John Welkie, MD is board certified in Surgery and Vascular Surgery.
More Specialties & Research
Education & Awards
Dr. Welkie graduated from Thomas Jefferson University, Philadelphia.More Education & Awards
Dr. Welkie has 6 hospital affiliations:
- Lehigh Valley Hospital
- Sacred Heart HospitalAllentown
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Welkie accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- United Healthcare - 2 plans
- Highmark Blue Cross Blue Shield - 2 plans
- Capital Blue Cross - 2 plans
- Unicare - 2 plans
- Blue Cross of Northeastern Pennsylvania - 2 plans
- Geisinger Health Plan - 2 plans
- Oxford Health Plans - 2 plans
- Cigna - 3 plans
- Gateway Health Plan - 1 plan
- Independence Blue Cross - 5 plans
- Evercare - 2 plans
- Humana - 4 plans
More Accepted Insurance
Learn more about Dr. John Welkie:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. John F. Welkie practice?
Dr. John Welkie practices Surgery and Vascular Surgery near Lehighton, PA.
Additional practice locations include: Allentown, PA and East Stroudsburg, PA.
See Lehighton Surgeons.
- Similar Physician Names
- Dr. Deshawn Welkie, Dr. Evan Welkie, Dr. Giovanni Welkie, Dr. Hank Welkie, Dr. Hans Welkie, Dr. Ian Welkie, Dr. Ivan Welkie, Dr. Jack Welkie