A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. John Welkie:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
be the first!
Specialties & Research
Dr. John Welkie, MD is board certified in Surgery and Vascular Surgery.
- He has special expertise in 3 areas:
- AIDS/HIV (Acquired Immunodeficiency Syndrome)
- Flu (Human Influenza)
- Infectious Disease
Education & Awards
Dr. Welkie graduated from Thomas Jefferson University, Philadelphia.
Dr. Welkie has 7 hospital affiliations:
- Sacred Heart Hospital/Allentown
- Lehigh Valley Hospital
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Welkie accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- United Healthcare - 2 plans
- Highmark Blue Cross Blue Shield - 2 plans
- Independence Blue Cross - 5 plans
- Capital Blue Cross - 2 plans
- Unicare - 2 plans
- Blue Cross of Northeastern Pennsylvania - 2 plans
- Geisinger Health Plan - 2 plans
- Evercare - 3 plans
- Oxford Health Plans - 2 plans
- Cigna - 3 plans
- Aetna - 3 plans
- Gateway Health Plan - 1 plan
- Humana - 3 plans
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. John F. Welkie practice?
Dr. John Welkie practices General Practice, Surgery, Vascular Surgery, Thoracic Surgery, and Cardiothoracic Vascular Surgery near Allentown, PA.
Additional practice locations include: Bethlehem, PA and Lehighton, PA.
See Allentown General Practitioners and Allentown Surgeons.