Dr. John Werdel Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. John Werdel?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

Neutral

December 13th, 2013

Disappointed

Dr. Werdel's practice has become a "patient mill" ever since St. Luke's took over. You can't get in unless you are either near death or pregnant. It says on Vitals that Dr. Werdel is accepting new patients. He should take care of his "old" patients first. The worst part of trying to work through a medical issue is his nurse, Susan. It is clear individual patient care is not her top priority. She's so uncaring that she regularly makes me cry and I truly am not a "crier." Dr. Werdel is a good doc, but there are many, many other docs (including others who have been bought by St Luke's) who put patient care at top of the list. Gp elsewhere. He is also terrible in the area of hormone balance, so for sure don't go there if that is your issue. Also, I had a nightmare trying to get an appointment. They don't return phone calls in a timely manner and then Susan the nurse decides without seeing you if you are worthy of seeing Dr. Werdel.

August 30th, 2012

Dr. Werdel if you can even call him a doctor!!

He did a hysterectomy on me without ultrasound or doing blood tests to check hormone levels. He said he would "take out my ovaries so I would not have periods anymore." At my two week appt after surgery, he said he would work on helping me get a different job at hospital because I was fired due to pmdd. I talked to human resources and I told him there was nothing he could do to help me get a job. He then said "they don't know what I can do." At the six week appointment, He told me that "he heard what I had done to get me fired and he said there was nothing he could do." Tears welled up in my eyes and he suddenly became this uncaring, judgemental person. He said "you obviosly are not ready to go back to work anyways." He did pelvic exam with no nurse present and it hurt, but it felt like he was angry with me and wanted no witnesses including having a female nurse in the room. His last words to me as I was crying were "See you in a year, Bye." I left and went home and overdosed on medication and wanted to die. I was devastated to say the least.

April 24th, 2012

New Patient Visit

My New patient visit with Dr. Werdel was a surprisingly excellent visit. He spent alsmost 2 hours with me and was very thorough. I did not have long periods of time sitting in the room waiting for him either. He was very knowledgeable and helpful. Kind, concerned and spot on with diagnosis. Any female having problems I would strongly recommend you visit Dr. Werdel, I am very critical of my physicians and he was amazing.

October 3rd, 2011

A-#1 Doctor

Dr Werdel is the most efficient, caring, and smartest doctor I've encountered. He looks at the big picture and offers whatever options there are. I've never waited more than 5 minutes to see him, which is almost unheard of!

March 3rd, 2011

I am sorry Betrayed felt mistreated. I have seen Dr. Werdel for years through several procedures and I have always found him to be courteous and csring and good at surgery. He caught something that was just small ad took care of it right away.

January 7th, 2011

Betrayed

Dr Werdel was my doctor for about twenty years. Everything was fine until my six week appointment after my hysterectomy. At that appointment he left me extremely dissapointed and told me" see you in a year, bye. I then tried to commit suicide because I never realized the hysterectomy with ovaries out messed me up. I have no repect for the man. Then he lied on top of all this. Quack!!

August 27th, 2017