A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. John Wharton:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. John Wharton is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Wharton
Home Allergies Patient Education Learn all about home allergies and symptoms of mold, pet, dust and other types of indoor allergy issues with Vitals patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Wharton Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. John Wharton, MD is board certified in Internal Medicine, Cardiovascular Disease, and Clinical Cardiac Electrophysiology.
- He has special expertise in 6 areas:
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Heart Block
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- Unstable Angina
Education & Awards
Dr. Wharton graduated from Vanderbilt University, Columbia.
Dr. Wharton has 2 hospital affiliations:
- Medical University Of South Carolina
- Medical University Hospital Authority
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. John M Wharton MD is a male Internist, has 32 years of experience and practices in Internal Medicine, Cardiovascular Disease, and Clinical Cardiac Electrophysiology.
- Where does Dr. John M. Wharton practice?
- Dr. John Wharton has 1 office location.
Dr. John Wharton practices Internal Medicine, Cardiovascular Disease, and Clinical Cardiac Electrophysiology near Charleston, SC.
See Charleston Internists and Charleston Cardiologists.