A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. John Wharton:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. John Wharton is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Wharton
Specialties & Research
Dr. John Wharton, MD is board certified in Internal Medicine, Cardiovascular Disease, and Clinical Cardiac Electrophysiology.
- He has special expertise in 6 areas:
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Heart Block
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- Unstable Angina
Education & Awards
Dr. Wharton graduated from Vanderbilt University, Columbia.
Dr. Wharton has 2 hospital affiliations:
- Medical University Of South Carolina
- Medical University Hospital Authority
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. John M Wharton MD is a male Internist, has 32 years of experience and practices in Internal Medicine, Cardiovascular Disease, and Clinical Cardiac Electrophysiology.
- Where does Dr. John M. Wharton practice?
- Dr. John Wharton has 1 office location.
Dr. John Wharton practices Internal Medicine, Cardiovascular Disease, and Clinical Cardiac Electrophysiology near Charleston, SC.
See Charleston Internists and Charleston Cardiologists.