Dr. John Whitehead MD Patient Reviews

October 12th, 2016
very rude Doctor

March 29th, 2016
Dr Whitehead replaced my cataracts with new lenses several years ago. Since then, my vision has been crystal clear. My focus is easily correctable from perfect distance to perfect reading/computer with just one set of nice reading glasses.

November 21st, 2015
Patient
I was a patient of Dr. Whitehead's from the time he began practicing at the Everett Clinic until he left. What I saw was a kind, caring, very skilled physician become over worked and over loaded with patients. As his patient load increased, he did occasionally become abrupt and irritable. Yet it was obvious the reason was the fault of the Everett Clinic itself. He never once had the same assistant, the clinic rotated them everyday. He never knew who he was going to work with, his patient count was so high he couldn't properly address each of us. I believe he did surgeries every morning and saw patients afterward. Yet he is a very skilled physician , and his skills should never be doubted. Look toward the profit seeking Everett Clinic for the issue.

October 4th, 2015
Where is he now? Everett Clinic has lost the best ophthamologist ever!!! I would like to learn where he is now practicing.

August 12th, 2015
I have been seeing Dr Whitehead for about 2 years. I usually have to wait for him to see me anywhere from 1 hour to 1 hour and 30 minutes. When he does finally enter the room he may say hi Bub and never faces me. He heads straight to the computer, reviews the stuff his staff did to me and then takes the pressure test on the eyes. He then says his bit and leaves. He appears to me as an introvert and does not have good bed side manners. Probably a nice guy but to me he treats me like I am a burden. I also feel that I am part of a production line of patients going and coming. Time spent with Doctor does not allow me to ask questions because he is always on the run to the next patient. I ask myself sometimes if he is compensated by getting a percentage of the patients seen.
Doctor's Response

While there is no additional volume compensation in medicine, we are delighted to now be in a new location where Dr. Whitehead can focus on his patients and is not beholden to production pressure from an administration. Dr. Whitehead can now spend the time he wants to be able to spend with each of his patients.

March 4th, 2015
I'm very pleased with him. He went above and beyond. Felt that he cares.

November 7th, 2012
robert
dr whitehead is strictly business, what i am looking for in a dr. seems very knowledgeable and is professional to the max.

June 6th, 2012
Awesome Dr.
I had my right eye done in March, after learning I had cataracts, probably due to my brain tumor, as I am only 54,Dr. Whitehead told me about these lenses that I could get,that would free me of eye glasses. Needless, to say, I said I'll do. My right eye is for distance and my left is for reading. I can't tell or express my gratitude to Dr. Whitehead. The next after my surgery, for my post op. I think I waited about 3 minutes and Dr. Whitehead came to get me himself. If, I could give him 10 stars I would!! Believe me Dr. Whitehead knows what he is doing and I'll be forever grateful. I can see so clearly now, it's absolutely amazing!!!!!!!!!!

April 6th, 2012
Awesome Dr.
I had Cataract Surgery two days ago! I can see clearly now, thanks to Dr. Whitehead, all of the nurses, and everyone at his office. I can't wait to get my other eye done. Dr. Whitehead is very good at what he does and good sense of humor too!!

July 21st, 2011
Dr. Whitehead. A great doctor!
Dr. Whitehead is an excellent physician and highly respected in the world of ophthalmology. He is incredibly intellegent and frankly, given a choice, I would have no one else operate on my eyes. He remains very focused on his task and does not get into the small talk much. That is fine with me. I dont go there to get my social needs met. I go there to get QUALITY and trustworthy medical services. He is definitely a keeper.

June 30th, 2011
If you're looking for a dr. with a good bedside manner, continue looking. I have seen Dr. Whitehead and chose not to go back for a follow-up with him and went elsewhere. My daughter had an urgent appt with him this morning (only option as it was corneal ulcers/time sensitive) and again...I will not take her to him for follow-up appt. Not a nice guy and very rude.
Doctor's Response

I am sorry to hear you had a difficult appointment. We are delighted to now be in a new location where Dr. Whitehead can focus on his patients and is not beholden to production pressure from an administration.