A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. John Widness:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
be the first!
Specialties & Research
Dr. John Widness, MD is board certified in Pediatrics and Neonatal-Perinatal Medicine.
- He has special expertise in 10 areas:
- Diabetes Mellitus
- Fetal Diseases
- Fetal Erythroblastosis
- Fetal Hypoxia
- Neonatal Anemia
- Pregnancy Complications
- Pregnancy in Diabetics
- Rh Isoimmunization
Education & Awards
Dr. Widness graduated from Duke University , Durham. He has 1 awards.
Dr. Widness has 6 hospital affiliations:
- Genesis Medical Center Davenport
- University Of Iowa Hospital & Clinic
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Widness accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- United Healthcare - 12 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 2 plans
- Wellmark Blue Cross Blue Shield - 6 plans
- Humana - 6 plans
- Cigna - 3 plans
- Iowa Medicaid - 1 plan
- Missouri Medicaid - 1 plan
- USA H & W Network - 1 plan
- Aetna - 1 plan
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. John A. Widness practice?
Dr. John Widness practices Pediatrics and Neonatal-Perinatal Medicine near Iowa City, IA.
See Iowa City Pediatricians.