Dr. John Wilcox MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

April 19th, 2016
Dr. Wilcox: The Baby Dust Manufacturer
Dr. Wilcox is the consummate professional with a true passion for the field (fertility and making babies). I recently graduated to my OB after ONE successful IUI cycle. Dr. Wilcox has been caring, resourceful, informative, and open to answer any and all questions related to my particular situation. After two and half years of trying to get pregnant and visiting several fertility doctors, I attended an HRC Fertility Information Session before deciding on a consult. During the consultation, Dr. Wilcox reviewed the medical records/documents from my previous doctor visits and gave an honest assessment of where I stood, along with a prognosis: "We'll get your pregnant in no time". He wasn't lying! One funny anecdote that I must share really highlights Dr. Wilcox's caring and pleasant bedside manner. As one could imagine, I was over anxious about getting the ball rolling with my IUI. Though the instructions -- which were thoroughly reviewed with me by his nursing associate -- indicated I should test for ovulation on a particular date, I tested too soon. I received a positive result and called the office immediately. The nurse advised that I had probably received a false-positive, but I wasn't willing to risk missing the opportunity for fertilization. Dr. Wilcox scheduled an ultrasound for the next morning, confirmed I wasn't ready, and sent me on my way. He did not scold me or push me away, which is something I've experienced with other doctors. I was assured that all was going well and he would see me back in a few days, which is exactly what happened...leading to a successful pregnancy. I can't thank Dr. Wilcox enough for restoring my faith and bringing me one step closer to motherhood. I highly recommend him to anyone who is looking to start a family, particularly those who have had challenges and are down in the doldrums. He is a miracle worker...really!

February 24th, 2016
Our first journey to parenthood...Thank you, HRC!!
After 3 years of trying to conceive, my husband and I finally decided to seek out help and look into other options available. It was not an easy decision as we both know it would involve physical, emotional, psychological and financial concerns. It was nerve wracking and exciting both at the same time. We would like to express a huge THANK YOU to our good friends Nanette Villajoaquin and Gladys Caspellan for introducing us to HRC Fertility! Knowing that they both love what they do at a facility that helps start build a family is a plus as it gave us the confidence and trust that this is the best place for us. As we first walked in the HRC office, it gave us the warm feeling that we are indeed in a good place. The staff from start to finish are all welcoming and made us feel respected and cared for. Our experience just got better from there. After meeting with Dr. Wilcox, it sealed the deal for us; his warmth and concern to couples like us are felt from the very first meeting. He was clear on what the plan will be and made sure that we understood the steps that will be taken. We didn’t feel rushed or felt that we were just one of his many cases. It may sound as cliché, but first impressions last and we can truly say that HRC did just that! I’m not going to say that the whole process was easy as it involves quite a few visits, procedures, not to mention the injections that you have to keep up with to get the best result possible. But with excellent guidance from my nurse and Dr. Wilcox and with lots of prayers, we are now on our way to our first journey to parenthood  (we are 12 weeks today!) Again, words cannot express our gratitude to all the staff from front desk, lab, billing, nurses, and Dr. Wilcox for helping us through it all ! THANK YOU from the bottom of our smiling hearts  . We definitely recommend HRC facility to anyone who are having trouble conceiving

January 26th, 2016
Excellent service, knowledgable, and professional
I had a great experience with Dr. Wilcox and his team. Although my visits to HRC did not last very long because i got pregnant immediately after i started going to HRC, Dr. Wilcox and his team did a wonderful job in guiding me through my first 10 weeks of pregnancy and explaining everything i needed to know. This was my first pregnancy and i was clueless. i was very happy Dr. Wilcox and his team were there to guide me through. Although my interactions with Dr. Wilcox was brief, he was always very good at explaining my ultrasounds and answering my many questions. His nurse was very good with scheduling appointments that fit my schedule, ordering my prescriptions, and explaining everything i needed to from taking my meds, to prenatal vitamins, etc. Dr. Wilcox and his team are very knowledgable, professional, and provide quality care.

December 17th, 2015
Dr. Wilcox is an amazing fertility doctor. Prior to seeing Dr. Wilcox, I was in a different fertility clinic where I did 3 IUIs and a canceled Ivf cycle that was converted to an IUI. I went to Dr. Wilcox and after 3 frozen embryo transfers, I finally got pregnant. Our miracle would not have been possible without his help. He is very kind and understanding. He explains everything thoroughly and he makes you feel at ease. He has such a positive attitude which helps a lot since this whole journey is tough and challenging to begin with. I highlighy recommend him.

November 5th, 2015
We went to dr Wilcox after 2 years of long treatments and trying to conceive , and after we gave up my obg recommended dr Wilcox for Ivf treatment , first time we saw him we felt comfortable and for soneteason I trusted him right away, he was so honest he recommended to try naturally cause we didn't have a problem and after a year we decided to go to Ivf we were scared but he was always there with his team comforting us , so we did it was a long painful jurney but I got pregnant at the first try , dr Wilcox was so professional and was always there for us ,even when I call at night any time he will answer and talk to us . I'm 10 weeks pregnant with our twins and we are happy like we never been , he is professional , he knows what is he doing , I honestly so sad that they released me today I feel I can't trust any body else other than dr Wilcox and his team they are highly trained , sooo professional especially Stephanie she always was there for us and we really love her and the lab lady omg so adorable and living , his whole team is great and I highly recommend him . We love you guys and will see you again when we have our babies :)))

November 5th, 2015
Patient

October 14th, 2015
Dr Wilcox got us pregnant in our first cycle of IVF. We are glad that we were referred to him. He personalizes the treatment for each patient, he always takes the time to explain all the details, as well as, answering all your concerns. He is very supportive and optimistic. We aslo have had the pleasure to work with his nurses Stephanie, Nanette and Ana. They are very kind with you and they are always for you. Whenever I had questions, they answer the phone or mails right away. We are blessed to have met Dr Wilcox because he loves his job and his main goal is to help you to obtain your dreams in becoming pregnant!

October 9th, 2015
Extremely satisfied
I have been a patient of Dr. Wilcox since 2012. He is a wonderful and kind doctor with the patient's interest at heart. I can tell he loves what he does and really wants to help people conceive. My husband and I both had issues and I just recently became pregnant with my second child all because of Dr. Wilcox. HRC has a special place in our hearts and we will always remember him and his staff.

September 25th, 2015
He is very welcoming and professional. You feel comfortable with him.

September 16th, 2015
Check-in/front desk, check-out/financial, and phlebotomy staff are all very friendly and professional. The RSA surgery staff are warm and efficient. The nurses are prompt at responding to your needs and with assisting to keep things proceeding along on schedule. There are also numerous other professionals behind the scenes that you may not ever meet directly. Overall, all of these important members of the HRC team have a positive impact on how Dr Wilcox is able to run his business and treat his patients. The well organized and properly run office permits the doctor to perform his job well. He is very dedicated to his practice while balancing rest-play in his outside life, has a professionally relaxed/calm demeanor, and puts his patients at ease at every appointment. Dr Wilcox is great.

August 28th, 2015
Outstanding
Dr. Wilcox has been a blessing to our family. His bedside manner, professionalism, honesty and technique are top of the line. We have known him since 2013 when we completed our first cycle of IVF with him, and it was a success with the first try. He made a difficult process seem so manageable. When we wanted to have a second child, without hesitation, we immediately reached out to him again, confident in his skills. And, of course, he didn't disappoint. Another success with the first cycle of IVF. We are truly grateful to have met him!

August 21st, 2015
Review for Dr. Wilcox and his team- Positive Pregnancy on First Try
I am very thrilled with Dr. Wilcox's services. This is my first ever pregnancy after 9 years of marriage and this is our first try of IVF. I am glad that I was referred to him by my co-worker who had his first born with Dr. Wilcox’s assistance. I find him very professional, smart, friendly, and passionate on his profession. He made me feel that he's with us on every step of our journey. He explained things not clear to us at every point of our treatment. I love that he was very calm and focused when he performed his procedures, which made me feel that he’s experienced and can be trusted to perform those delicate and critical procedures. Also, I am pleased working with his team such as Gladdys, Nanette, Stephanie, and Ana. They were professional, friendly, helpful, organized, attentive, and prompt attending to my needs and questions (either on phone or email). I remember asking Gladdys with detailed questions at the very beginning of the treatment and she was very approachable and patient explaining the processes/procedures to me both email and phone. I worked more with Nanette on my appointments and medications, and she was detailed and accurate in explaining how I should apply those injections/medications. I also contacted her when I experienced early bleeding and I remember her being fast in responding to my questions, which made me feel calm that day and helped me understand that it was normal. I only worked with Stephanie once but I find her professional, organized, and detailed person. I worked with Ana towards the end and she’s very helpful, professional, friendly, and fast to fulfill my request. Even the nurses at the procedures section and phlebotomist are friendly, professional, and very good. Julia in finance is also friendly and easy to work with. Over-all, I am very happy with my experience at HRC Pasadena, particularly with Dr.Wilcox and his team, and will definitely recommend him to my friends, relatives, and colleagues who have been waiting for their marvelous gifts for the longest time. Looking forward to working with them for my next baby.