Dr. John Willems MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

March 2nd, 2016
I have traveled around San Diego just to find aN OBGYN who would listen to my concern. After seeing 10+ of them, I came to see him. He gave me hope and he's the only one who would listen to me. I wish I could refer all women in the world who have problems with dyspareunia!

July 24th, 2015
Dr. Willems spent a long time with me. He is a very knowledgeable and compassionate dr.

January 16th, 2015
Great Ob-Gyn!
Dr. Willems is great, you can tell right away that he has so much experience, he knows all the right questions and speaks to you in a way that makes you feel comfortable about the touchy subjects. I recommend him to any female that has pelvic pain.

December 30th, 2014
BEST DOCTOR EVER!!
Dr. Willems has been my doctor for over 20 years. He helped get through some very difficult health issues. I owe him more than he will ever know!! He is the best!!!

March 27th, 2013
I had been to Doctor Willems for Vaginismus. I must say he was very sensitive, very caring and explained everything in a very detailed manner. He made me feel at ease, well as much ease I could be at given that I am pretty anxious about everything that happens down there. I was lost and not sure how I am going to solve this problem that prevented me and my husband achieve intimacy. But now it feels like I have finally landed in good hands.

November 18th, 2011
Dr. Willems is one of the top docs specializing in vulvar vestibulitis and other related illnesses. I've been going to him and his EXCELLENT NP, Cinde Ordelheide, for over 10 years. They are knowledgeable, caring and courteous. I also have interstitial cystitis and Cinde was the doc who diagnosed me. I was not happy about the diagnosis but figured she was probably right. It was confirmed by a biopsy. They both do a lot of research and stay up to date on current treatments, etc. They are also very open minded and willing to work with patients in exploring alternative modalities that may be available to for treatment.

September 23rd, 2010
I had seen Dr. Willems over the past two years. When the same symptoms were back a year later he sort of downplayed them - well now I've been to a different doctor and am in need of a hysterectomy. his lack of attention or treatment for a condition that had become life altering was bothersome. It became apparently clear when i went to a more proactive doctor who listened and took an interest.