Dr. John Wirth III MD Patient Reviews

• Obstetrics and Gynecology New York, NY

3.9

June 3rd, 2011
Doctor is great, stuff is lazy
I like to visit Dr. Wirth even if the rest of the stuff is lazy at all. They never call you back, they let you wait a long time and always telling you that you will be the next. Last time I watched them how they handle the telephone. Sometimes they put people on hold while chatting happily with each other. But, Dr. Wirth himself is great. He is answering all the question, always has enough time for each patient, he is just excellent.

May 17th, 2011
I just had my 1st visit at Dr. Wirth's office. It was the best ob/gyn doctor visit I've ever had. He was very kind and answered all my questions very nicely. He took time with me and I felt very comfortable with him. Other reviews mentioned his admin staff was rude but all staff were very nice to me (may be new staff??) I'm glad that I found my great ob/gyn!

April 22nd, 2010
Great doctor, not so great administrative side
I've been going to Dr. Wirth for a few years, but will be changing OBGYNs. NOT because of Dr. Wirth - I want to make that perfectly clear. He is an excellent doctor who takes times with his patients and answers all questions. My issue is with the administrative side of the office. I had an insurance issue and needed assistance from the office regarding a back-up letter to send to the insurance company. I called twice every week trying to get one and was constantly told that the doctor knew about it, that he had an email about, that he had a message about it - nothing. I did this for a month and then gave up on ever getting the letter. This lack of assistance on the insurance side (which is, unfortunately, a huge part of going to the doctors these days) completely turned me off. I felt like that since the office had received their money, they didn't really care about my end of it. Once again, I think Dr. Wirth is a GREAT doctor. So if you have kick butt insurance, please go here. If you think you might ever have an issue with insurance, reconsider. Getting assistance will be more trouble than its worth.

April 12th, 2010
Dr. Wirth has been my OB/GYN for years and delivered my baby. He is a good combination of being meticulous, yet still reasonable. He was great at the delivery, which was a bit complicated. I would recommend him without hesitation.

June 29th, 2009
Excellent Doctor
Friendly, professional and great backup during my childbirth

May 13th, 2009
Wonderful all-around OB/GYN
Dr. Wirth is an ideal doctor! I'd never gone to a male OB/GYN before, but he's the best one I've ever seen. He's a patient listener, readily available to answer any questions (it never takes more than a couple of hours to get a call back from him during the week), and has a careful but relaxed approach to pregnancy. I would recommend him to absolutely any woman. I should also mention that my husband has been with me at almost all of my prenatal appointments, and shares my very high opinions of Dr. Wirth.

March 10th, 2009
Terrific Doc
Not at all my favorite appointment but Dr. Wirth is very easy to talk to and tries to make you feel comfortable. Recommend!

February 20th, 2009
worst staff ever
too bad...dr wirth seemed competent, however his staff did not. i had to call back several times and speak to several different receptionists just to get a prescription called in over several days because each person would forget to do so. they didn't forget to bill me though... i recommend finding a different dr.

December 4th, 2008
Excellent!
Best gynecologist I have ever been to. Very thorough and good follow up!