Dr. John Wrightson MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.6

no change

November 8th, 2016
I have received nothing but the best of care from Dr. Wrightson and his staff. He takes the time to listen and explain and I have never felt rushed during appointments. With his care I have been able to continue working and functioning in life while dealing with pain. Normally I would not bother to write to a review website unless I was extremely unhappy with something or exceptionally pleased. As a patient I expect a certain level of care from physicians that all to often is not received and I would not write a review just to say he is a good Dr. and I am happy with the care he provides, but during my last appointment I mentioned that I was having pain in my leg (varicose veins) that I had never experienced before. Dr. Wrightson wanted me to go have a ultrasound to check for clots ASAP. When I arrived at the hospital there was a problem with the order. I called his office and they immediately called the hospital and resolved the problem. After the testing was completed Dr. Wrightson personally called me with the results and provided guidance for care. Normally after my PCP orders tests someone from the office calls days later with the results or I have to call the office to make inquires. To actually have the Dr. call me with the results within a hour after the tests were completed really impressed me! Kudos to Dr. Wrightson and his excellent staff!

October 25th, 2016
prescription scheme
This operation uses a prescription service that charged my insurer 6X what the local CVS charges., $1738 vs $288. Amamda told me that practice "make a lot of money, and I mean alot'' from a kick back they receive. I was told to use it or be "terminated immediately". So much for medical ethics Dr. Dollar wins here

August 3rd, 2016
a cut above the rest
my name is john kowakewski,i have read all of the reviews on the dr and his staff and i will give it to you straight!!!. i have been to several clinics in my area and dr wrightsons pain management as a whole has not only impressede me but more importantly really took the time to help me. i beat my body up for 30 years trin to do the best i could,to out do my co workers and in the end i payed dearly.dr wrightson,and the johanson clinic has surpassed all of my previous clinics.the staff was very helpful and this is the first time i havnt felt like a number!!in my opinion the clinic and the dr himself deserve a medal!! he took the time to sit with me and explain my condition.ans after all isnt that what were all lookin for?? if your seeking relief,this is the only place to go!! ans if your one of those ppl seeking drugs.pass this clinic by,because you need to find help before you go to these ppl for relief!! qll i can say is thank you dr wrightson,ans a special thank you to the staff.i look forward to my treatment with you,and helping me be all i can be

July 27th, 2016
IF YOU WANT TO CONTACT THEM BY PHONE... YOU GET A MESSAGE SAYING... THERE IS NO ONE TO ANSWER YOUR CALL... AND IT JUST HANGS UP. NOT GOOD FOR THOSE WHO WANT TO RESHEDULE THEIR DOCTORS APPT.

May 12th, 2016
Good Dr
Dr wrightson is great, so is Dr Mitros. The nurse practitioner Amanda is nice. Everyone is nice but they could step it up a notch.

May 21st, 2015
Changes after 10 years
I have seen this doctor since 2004. His staff has become the most uncaring bunch of people I have ever encountered. He has treated me with many modalities, yet after I had failed back surgery, his new doctor, who know little about pain, and his PAs cannot relieve my pain. They keep me coming back every nine days? I went to my appointment, and they said they changed the time, and would not see me. Left me hanging after more than 10 years. Need to move on!

April 6th, 2015
I have been with the doctor for 10 years. His office was always not the best. I often wondered how you could get so many incompetent people in one office. That being said, he has treated me for pain with injections, pt, ect. Recently, he no longer sees patients. He sends in his PA, or another doctor who knows little about pain. I guess I am a lost cause that does not warrant seeing a doctor! Looking for a new one, but in this area they are all incompetant.

December 31st, 2014
poor service from office staff
certain members of the office staff are basically downright abusive.

July 15th, 2014
patient
all these doctore are extremely nice and they care and understand what its like to be in pain.i have bad hip.lower back problems.nuerothopy in legs and back spasams and i could not stay on my feet and work without pain management..everybody in that office is nice and they take the time to listen to you especially dr kayla she takes her time and listens to you and she cares about your well being..i cant believe all these negative reviews when that office is a bunch of the nicest people ive ever met..i cant say enough.and everyone ive referred to there agrees with what im.saying..they are fair and honest people and u wont find nicer people than them..

November 4th, 2013
Contractor
These people who are putting this doctor down must seriously need mental health evaluations. This doctor was a god sent for me ! I have always had back pain issues however , i took a 30 foot fall onto concrete and landed on my side. I was bed ridden for two months seen several different doctors who couldnt help 6 months later i go see dr. wrightson. I go to his chippewa office and his staff is extremely caring , friendly, helpful and i am walking and working with no pain ! I would refer him to anyone who is injured or living in pain. His staff and doctor are the best i could ever hope for. Being a contractor whos job demands hard labor, he is a god sent ! I am working , playing with my 4 year old daughter , none of this would have been possible without him ! as for these women writing bad reviews saying he has something going on with his worker ? Seriously , get a life ! Who cares , He is one of the only doctors i ever met that actually cares about his patients ! if he does have his girlfriend working in his office , so what ....has nothing to do with the diagnosis he and his staff found that was wrong with me that several other specialists COULDNT and DIDNT ! he is a great doctor and i love his staff in chippewa. I didnt hide my name on here either like these others have who were complaining.

September 25th, 2013
Loved him
I Was at a pain clinic for 2years before Dr.Wrightson.I only left my previous pain dr.due to insurance reasons.Dr.Wrightson's new location in Chippewa was great news to me.Only few miles away from me. I had to get a new MRI done-And believe me,my back is a mess,along with fibromyalgia.I did' t get to see him my first visit,I saw a certified nurse physician(not to be confused with a nurse practitioner)She reviewed my MRI with me,and listened to me.I was really happy that I went there.I also recieved injections.I was always treated kindly by him and the office staff.

June 27th, 2012
Dr. SPENT MORE TIME EXPLAINING THINGS TO ME THAN ANY DR. EVER HAS. I WOULD RECOMMEND HIM TO ANYONE WHO HAS PAIN.