Dr. John Xenos MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

no change

October 12th, 2016
Hip-Hip-Hooray
Very Personable, I felt like I was in my man cave with a buddy who says "oh by the way this is how we are going to fix your hip" this defiantly eased any anxiety I have about the procedure. Looking forward to getting this done.

March 18th, 2016
No finer surgeon anywhere! I had a hip replaced and I have referred him to 3 people to him. All have all used him for various procedures. All of their expectations were exceeded. One of my referrals had a hip replacement done and didn't even need any pain meds after she left the hospital to deal with post op. I went to him for a shoulder injury after my hip replacement, and although he doesn't do this particular procedure, took the time to meet with me, and then refer me to another surgeon. I wish someone could clone him so everyone could have him as a surgeon. I know he's busy, but he's worth the wait.

March 10th, 2016
Great surgeon who also seems like a great person. I had both knees replaced at same time and had very little trouble

October 5th, 2015
Great result!
I am a Medicare/Tricare for Life patient, 72 years old. Dr Xenos did a total knee replacement on me and I have had absolutely no problems. He recommended a physical therapist near me and I did therapy as advised and I no longer have pain in my knee. I can get down on my knees now and I can walk rapidly again. I no longer need any kind of pain medication, even motrin, even after long days on my feet. Everyone in the office was great from the front desk to X-ray to the PAs and Dr Xenos and his assistants. I never felt rushed during my appointments and Dr Xenos has a great bedside manner.

September 16th, 2015
I have seen Dr. Xenos for numerous injuries. (Knee/Shoulder etc). I am more than willing to wait to see him because I know that he will take just as much time with me. He has a great bedside manner that is all to uncommon among orthopedic surgeons. I would highly recommend him to everyone.

September 13th, 2015
Beware...Labral repair for retired or active military with TriCare
Was recommended to see Dr. Xenos thru Tricare. Read his reviews and bio so I had total faith in his recommendation for a Labral repair. He was never on time for my appointments and I just took that as him being highly sought out but have a career and life so I set remaining appointments with his assistant so they were on time. I went thru Tricare for the approval and received it for the surgery so we were all set to getting better. I had the surgery and as everyone has said, he has great bedside manner. Two months after the surgery my bill comes. My insurance paid for everything except the code that dr. Xenos performed. Over 40k except the two codes for the repair that was 2400 or so. The very same thing they said was covered. After rude and nasty calls from his billing office from Lauren ( think that's her name) I find out that Tricare keeps kicking it back. After ongoing calls with Tricare I find out that yes, they did approve, and that they also have the repair on a no pay list. So I continued to communicate with Tricare and dr. Xenos office to get this rectified. The billing person, Lauren, continues to be rude and condescending like i was just opting not to rectify and when Tricare requested additional paperwork she informed me she had sent it once before and wasn't doing it again. So with more communication with Tricare and Dr. x X Xenos office and trying to get this sorted I then receive a summons to court. Amazing! When talking to Tricare main, they inform me that they don't know why I received an approval for those three codes they use for the repair, but I did and they also said the Dr Xenos gets updates on no pay lists every six months so he also would be aware. At that time they say he should have going over the procedure with me and informed and discussed the portion that the insurance wouldn't cover and discuss options, costs, payments or if I wished to go thru with it. Unfortunately nothing was mentioned and I signed no waiver and months after the surgery is how I find out. Considering his prior military service and was an Officer I am utterly surprised he shared nothing of the sort. Since I have the approval from my insurance I find out that I am NOT liable and I did not sign the form from Tricare that states when something isn't covered and that I would assume responsibility. I would then decide and arrange how I would pay the portion not covered if I continued or opt out not to have the surgery. That would be the professional way I would think but yet I continue to receive harassing calls from his billing office and just this week another bill from whom they use for collections. I have Tricare and the advocates involved from Carson to ensure Dr. Xenos gets the payment they authorized and have communicated it with the rude associate in billing yet continue to receive harassing mail and phone calls. Guess what I would recommend is that if you are military, prior military then beware. Tricare has Labral repairs on a no pay list and the DR is aware. If Tricare approved, Dr. Xenos will not discuss that it is on a no pay list and let you choose if you wish to continue and arrange payment for that portion but he will allow his billing office to talk to you and treat you rudely, a criminal and a second class citizen. They WILL also arrange for the hired goons from western control services to to continue to..: do what they do I suppose. You won't receive calls back from his office to address any issues either. I continue to deal with Tricare and the advocates in Carson and will ensure it gets addressed so that no other retired or active duty patient encounters the same issues and lack of professionalism I continue to deal with.

August 16th, 2015
Unprofessional
I drove down from Fort Collins to see this doc and the whole experience was a disaster. I waited for an hour and half and then finally just left! As I checked in I should have know because there was a person scheduled 10 minutes before me with Dr. Xenos. Really you are scheduling patients 10 minutes apart?!? I need surgery and I get ten minutes...no thanks. As I waited for over an hour there were no updates from the doctor or his staff. When I asked the front desk help, they acted as if I was unreasonable for expecting to be seen quicker than an hour and 15 min. What's the point of making an appointment if you get ignored and are asked to wait this long? I would NEVER recommend this practice to anyone, ever!

July 12th, 2015
I have been a patient of Dr. Xenos for almost 10 years now. He replaced my left knee in 2005. His patient and beside manner are above reproach. His commitment to your quick and complete healing is like nothing I have ever experienced before. He is kind, patient and understanding. You may have to wait to get into see him, but that is because he is taking his time with another patient and will give you the same in return for your visit.

June 10th, 2015
Dr. X is great. Expect a bit of a wait since he spends as much time as needed with each patient. He is worth the wait though!

September 29th, 2014
A Colorado Super Surgeon
From the first contact with Dr. Xenos' office staff to my last visit after my bilateral knee replacements, I had confidence that I was in expert care. Dr. Xenos and some of his staff presented a highly informative joint replacement hospital seminar. He is dedicated to research and is highly skilled at both listening and explaining. Best of all, he gave me back my mobility and the best outcome I could imagine. Bravo, dr. Xenos!

May 14th, 2014
Wonderful Surgeon.
I needed surgeries to repair a torn meniscus in each knee and a friend recommend Dr. Xenos. (My friend is a medical professional and I respected her advice). I am very particular and carefully research all my medical decisions. Dr. Xenos' credentials are top-notch and he had the reputation to match my expectations. After 2 very successful procedures, I returned to work earlier than expected, pain-free. I rapidly regained full range of motion in both legs and my therapists were really impressed. When my husband's doctor told him he would need full bilteral knee replacements, I sent him to Dr. Xenos due to my own great experience. 6 weeks out from his surgery, his incisions have healed beautifully, he is experiencing pain only ocassionally (usually in conjunction with physical therapy) and has told everyone we know that he feels like a new man. He is already returning to the active life that became so limited as his knees deteriorated. We couldn't be happier that we found such a competent, caring surgeon as Dr. Xenos.

June 13th, 2013
TERRY M
HE IS AN INCREDIBLE SURGION BUT HIS BEST QUALITY IS THE CAREING WAY HE TREATS YOU WHEN HE IS THROUGH WITH YOU R .SURGURY YOU WILL FIND YOU HAVE A FRIEND SEE YOU AT THE CAR SHOW