Some ratings provided by DrScore.
by Jeanne Fox on Jul 12th, 2015

I have been a patient of Dr. Xenos for almost 10 years now. He replaced my left knee in 2005. His patient and beside manner are above reproach. His commitment to your quick and complete healing is like nothing I have ever experienced before. He is kind, patient and understanding. You may have to wait to get into see him, but that is because he is taking his time with another patient and will give you the same in return for your visit.

Jun 10th, 2015

Dr. X is great. Expect a bit of a wait since he spends as much time as needed with each patient. He is worth the wait though!

Dr. show details Dr.
by Z. G. Standing Bear on Apr 1st, 2015

I'm an old fellow, a retired Army officer and Vietnam combat veteran and a retired university professor. Some old combat injuries finally caught up with me necessitating major back surgery in late 2012 and a full hip replacement in July 2013. A lot of research and the recommendations from three different physical therapy outfits steered me to Dr. Xenos. It could not have been a better choice. His office staff is wonderful and he could not have been more conscientious, caring, and professional. Every portion of the hip replacement, from the preliminary workup, through the procedure to the follow-ups was expertly done. Moreover, I was up walking and climbing stairs the day after the surgery. Today, approaching two years after the surgery, it has been a painless and rewarding trip.

A Colorado Super Surgeon show details A Colorado Super Surgeon
by Bill Schalders on Sep 29th, 2014

From the first contact with Dr. Xenos' office staff to my last visit after my bilateral knee replacements, I had confidence that I was in expert care. Dr. Xenos and some of his staff presented a highly informative joint replacement hospital seminar. He is dedicated to research and is highly skilled at both listening and explaining. Best of all, he gave me back my mobility and the best outcome I could imagine. Bravo, dr. Xenos!

Wonderful Surgeon. show details Wonderful Surgeon.
by Mary K. on May 14th, 2014

I needed surgeries to repair a torn meniscus in each knee and a friend recommend Dr. Xenos. (My friend is a medical professional and I respected her advice). I am very particular and carefully research all my medical decisions. Dr. Xenos' credentials are top-notch and he had the reputation to match my expectations. After 2 very successful procedures, I returned to work earlier than expected, pain-free. I rapidly regained full range of motion in both legs and my therapists were really impressed. When my husband's doctor told him he would need full bilteral knee replacements, I sent him to Dr. Xenos due to my own great experience. 6 weeks out from his surgery, his incisions have healed beautifully, he is experiencing pain only ocassionally (usually in conjunction with physical therapy) and has told everyone we know that he feels like a new man. He is already returning to the active life that became so limited as his knees deteriorated. We couldn't be happier that we found such a competent, caring surgeon as Dr. Xenos.

Total Hip Replacement Done Right show details Total Hip Replacement Done Right
by Morgan Fairlamb on Jan 15th, 2014

Dr. Xenos bucked other doctors in putting off my hip surgery. It turns out, he was correct and did my surgery at a later date that worked very well. He's especially good at surgeries other orthopedic doctors would not do because of complexity. In my case a special "cage" had to be built to hold the hip cup and the surgery took considerably longer than most: 6 plus hours.Both his and his staff's bedside manner is fantastic. Every patient is treated as a personal friend would be treated.

TERRY M show details TERRY M
Jun 13th, 2013

HE IS AN INCREDIBLE SURGION BUT HIS BEST QUALITY IS THE CAREING WAY HE TREATS YOU WHEN HE IS THROUGH WITH YOU R .SURGURY YOU WILL FIND YOU HAVE A FRIEND SEE YOU AT THE CAR SHOW

by Linda C on Apr 16th, 2013

I had suffered for way too long with hip pain and was referred to Dr. Xenos. From the minute that I met him, I had a feeling of trust for him, and that he really cared about me and the outcome of this surgery. I had seen other doctors and was ready with a long list of questions, that he answered very thoroughly. Dr. Xenos is a very successful doctor, both by reputation and financially, I am sure, but he won my heart with the watch that he wore. He could have had a Rolex or whatever, but instead he wears a simple but intricate watch that looks more like architecture than a timepiece. Like a workman may wear who takes pride in what he does, not what he makes for a living. He is easy to relate to and his followup in the hospital was fabulous. So reassuring. My surgery was very successful and I recommend him and his staff to anyone. He was a trauma surgeon in Iraq and that experience as well as perfectionism in all he does and what he expects from his patients and staffs constitute a true professional.

Very Bad Advice show details Very Bad Advice
by D. Allman on Mar 30th, 2013

Dr. Xenos recommended I delay surgery which seemed like good conservative advice at the time. After getting other opinions I found out that the effectiveness of this particular surgery drops off dramatically as more time goes by. Now, I'm trying to get in with another doctor as soon as possible in hopes that the surgery I need will still be effective. I'm pretty bummed.

Doctor's Response

Colorado Orthopaedics is committed to the highest level of care for our patients. In this regard, surgical treatment for most conditions is rarely indicated unless sufficient conservative or nonoperative measures have been employed appropriately. Patients who undergo conservative treatment measures without success are encouraged to return to the clinic in a timely fashion for reevaluation of other options that may benefit their condition such as surgical intervention. Choosing the right approach for each patient results in the best ultimate outcome.

Best doctor ever show details Best doctor ever
Oct 7th, 2012

Dr. Xenos is the best doctor I've ever encountered. Not only is he a fantastic surgeon, but he is exceptionally kind and compassionate. He performed two hip replacement surgeries on me with perfect results. Not only is Dr. Xenos a great physician, he is a great person.

When other surgeons don't know how, Dr. Xenos does show details When other surgeons don't know how, Dr. Xenos does
Aug 1st, 2012

Five surgeons said they didn't know how to fix my problem, but Dr. Xenos did. He has completed 2-3 times more surgeries than the average surgeon, has seen some of the worst reconstruction situations come out of Iraq and has studied with some of the leading surgeons in the world. He is very compassionate and treats patients with dignity. Most important, he is more honest and has more integrity than any surgeon you'll ever find. He will tell it to you straight and will follow through on what he says he can do. It's the small techniques that differentiate a good versus great surgery. Xenos has more critial extras in his surgeries than most surgeons will every know how to execute.

Best Doctor, Hands Down. show details Best Doctor, Hands Down.
Jul 25th, 2012

I had a great experience with Dr. Xenon and his entire staff recently. I had hurt my wrist and really needed to see a doctor ASAP and I called at 1:00 in the afternoon to try for an appointment. I expected to be scheduled out far in advance as this was what was happening at every other ortho practice, but the staff was able to get me in within an hour and a half! From the moment they answered the phone until I checked out at the end was exceptional. The front office staff is caring, compassionate and more than ready to assist. Dr. Xenos came in shortly after I was taken back and he instantly had mr laughing and feeling like I was in good hands.

Search No Further show details Search No Further
Jun 8th, 2012

Dr. Xenos is unequivically the best physician I have known in in my life. His professional expertise is exceptional in the areas of orthopedic assessment, diagnosis and treatment. His sense of humor, bedside manner and time spent with me are refreshing in today's managed care environment. He performed bilateral full knee replacements on me in 12/11. I feel 20 years younger and am starting to re-engage the athletics and life activities I had not done in years.

Can you LOVE your Dr.? Both my husband and I do!! show details Can you LOVE your Dr.? Both my husband and I do!!
Jan 23rd, 2012

My husband has had both total knee replacement done by Dr. Xenos and I just had my first knee replaced by Dr. Xenos. I wouldn't have considered going to anyone else after getting to know him through my husband's treatment. I can't say enough good things about Dr. Xenos, he is a special surgeon and beyond that he is a special caring man. Both my husband and I truly love him!

Patient show details Patient
Jul 18th, 2011

This guy is an incredible surgeon and did a great job.. After 18 surgeries, I know the difference, and he replaced my previously replaced knee (a revision, its called--) with a new one. I have more range of motion than i have had since 1992! I cant say enough good things!

No problems show details No problems
May 8th, 2011

I have seen Dr. Xenos only once, but it was very easy to get an appointment--much easier than other orthopedic surgeons I have seen. The office staff was very friendly and professional--don't know about all the negative comments about the staff. I had no problem at all. The Dr. spent plenty of time and even asked before he left whether I got what I wanted out of the appointment--never had a doctor ask such a customer-satisfaction type question before. I will update these comments as I will be seeing him again.

THE BEST show details THE BEST
by C. McQuerry on Nov 29th, 2010

By far the best doctor I've ever seen !!!!!

2 hours and 15 minte wait show details 2 hours and 15 minte wait
Nov 23rd, 2010

There is no reason to keep a pt waiting 2 hours and 15 minutes for a 15 minute appt.

by Debbie on May 16th, 2010

Dr. Xenos was by far the best!!! I've had a total knee replacement followed by a revision from a previous Dr. I now have had my second revision done by Dr. Xenos and did an excellent job on my knee which feels great!!! Its been along time since I've felt this great with no more pain. I would recommend him to anyone!!!!

by ef wahl on May 20th, 2009

Dr. Xenos and his staff were most professional and exhibited concern and caring for my problem. He is an exceptional surgeon, and my outcome after surgery is wonderful. I was most pleased with his expertise and care.

by Priscilla Littau on Feb 10th, 2009

My first hip replacement by another physician was a joke. Dr. Xenos is the best surgeon I've ever had.

Dec 12th, 2008

Dr. Xenos is the best, it's the office staff that makes it difficult to want to be seen there. Very rude, put-out, generally unhappy individuals.