A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
be the first!
Specialties & Research
Dr. John Harper, MD is board certified in Ophthalmology.
He has special expertise in 2 Areas, including Retina Surgery and Retinal Disorders.
More Specialties & Research
Education & Awards
Dr. Harper graduated from The University of Texas at Galveston.More Education & Awards
Dr. Harper has 12 hospital affiliations:
- Northeast Baptist Hospital
- St Luke`s Baptist Hospital
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Harper accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- United Healthcare - 15 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 1 plan
- Unicare - 11 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas - 2 plans
- Scott and White Health Plan - 2 plans
- Community First Health Plans - 2 plans
- Cigna - 3 plans
- Humana - 9 plans
- USA H & W Network - 1 plan
- AMERIGROUP - 4 plans
- WellCare - 1 plan
More Accepted Insurance
Learn more about Dr. John Harper:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. John Y. Harper practice?
Dr. John Harper practices Ophthalmology near San Antonio, TX.
Additional practice locations include: Kerrville, TX.
See San Antonio Ophthalmologists.
- Similar Physician Names
- Dr. Deshawn Harper, Dr. Evan Harper, Dr. Giovanni Harper, Dr. Hank Harper, Dr. Hans Harper, Dr. Ian Harper, Dr. Ivan Harper, Dr. Jack Harper