A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. John Koo:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 3 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. John Koo is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. John Koo, MD is board certified in Dermatology.
- He has special expertise in 5 areas:
- Acne Rosacea
- Light Therapy (Phototherapy)
- Photosensitivity Disorders
- Psoriatic Arthritis
Education & Awards
Dr. Koo graduated from Harvard University , Boston. He has 2 awards.
Dr. Koo has 5 hospital affiliations:
- UCSF Medical Center / Moffitt-Long Hospitals
- John Muir Medical Center, Walnut Creek Campus
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Koo accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- Blue Shield of California - 3 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 2 plans
- Unicare - 2 plans
- Alameda Alliance for Health - 2 plans
- Anthem Blue Cross - 2 plans
- Humana - 6 plans
- Cigna - 5 plans
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. John Y. Koo practice?
Dr. John Koo practices Dermatology near San Francisco, CA.
See San Francisco Dermatologists.