A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. John Yazel:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. John Yazel is Excellent.
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Yazel
Bipolar Disorder Patient Education Learn all about symptoms, treatments and medications of bipolar disorder by reading our BD patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Yazel Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. John Yazel, MD is board certified in Internal Medicine and Psychiatry.
- He has special expertise in 7 areas:
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
- Depressive Disorder
- Sleep Disorders
Education & Awards
Dr. Yazel graduated from The Ohio State University , Columbus. He has 1 awards.
Dr. Yazel has 2 hospital affiliations:
- Veterans Affairs Medical Center - Salem
- Carilion Health System
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. John Joe Yazel MD is a male Internist, has 41 years of experience and practices in Internal Medicine and Psychiatry.
- Where does Dr. John J. Yazel practice?
- Dr. John Yazel has 1 office location.
Dr. John Yazel practices Internal Medicine and Psychiatry near Salem, VA.
See Salem Internists and Salem Psychiatrists.