Dr. John Yim MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

4.8

October 30th, 2016
When I found out that I may need surgery for my thyroid cancer, I met with few surgeons. Dr. Yim carries all the values I heard about City of Hope. He is an excellent surgeon. Some other famous surgeon missed the extent of my disease. He found out and he is so down to earth that he brought on another excellent surgeon within City of Hope for the part of surgery that he could do but felt it is in my interest the surgeon expert on that part carry that part of operation. My vocal cord nerve was different than normal anatomy and with my position of my vocal cord going through cancer, if any other surgeon operated on me, I would have no voice. Due to the difficulty that this resulted he spent additional 90 minutes to save my voice! He is very compassionate in his work and he has worked on some natural medication to help with cancer which I would be the first to buy when it comes to market. He is one surgeon that truly is in field to help his patients. He takes care of his patient by being available even without appointments. He even let me communicate with him through email. So, I hope if someone reading this means he/she may need surgery. And if you do, consider city of Hope and its excellent surgeons including Dr. John Yim.

September 3rd, 2015
Dr. Yim is a brilliant caring doctor and finds solutions no matter how complicated a situation might be. He leaves no questions unanswered and maintains a patient, personable, and professional attitude during treatment. The outstanding care and treatment Dr. Yim provides is an awesome example of the quality of doctors City of Hope provides that makes this hospital the most outstanding cancer treatment center. It is devastating to become a cancer patient, but the excellent treatment received at City of Hope helps to inspire calm and confidence in the treatment plan. Thank you Dr. Yim and City of Hope for providing the “best of the best” patient care ever.

May 13th, 2015
Media Supervisor
One of the most experienced thyroid surgeons in SoCal. Didn't jump to doing surgery for my nodules but recommended Affirma genetic test which came back as I "no cancer" verdict even though 2 other surgeons said I had cancer and were ready to operate. The best. A++

February 7th, 2015
Tremendously skilled and compassionate surgeon. Highly recommended, a wonderful physician.

February 24th, 2014
Wonderful! Unlike all others!
DIr Yim operated on me when the surgeons at UCLA and Cedars Sinai said I was too sick to operate on. He was confident and managed every aspect of my care personally. Dr Yim did a wonderful job and now I am healthy and doing great. He is a nice man and wonderful surgeon who gives the opinion he really cares very much about his patients.

October 9th, 2012
Thyroid Cancer Surgery
Excellent in every way!!

April 13th, 2012
Has A Lot of Experience With Thyroid and Parathyroid Surgery
Patient, kind and very genuine. Spends a lot of time explaining procedures and listening to one's concerns. A good communicator and not just a "technician," but a diagnostician too. Follows-up scheduling any labs or scans and coordinates with other physicians. Dr. Yim is not the stereotypical aloof, egocentric surgeon!