Dr. John Yocum MD Patient Reviews

3.4

• Good
  • Bad

May 18th, 2017
Should find a different profession if he doesn't want to help people.
Do not schedule an appointment with this useless doctor!!! This doctor has an abismul bed side manner. Is extremely rude and acts as if you are wasting his time. Spent hardly 5 minutes with me then gave me a cortisone injection that made my shoulder a LOT worse. Then refused to fill out FMLA paperwork for the pain flare ups cause by HIS TREATMENT! At this point, I am looking for a new ortho doctor.

April 9th, 2017
He made a cripple out of me
Yocum put a total knee in me a year ago this month an I haven't been the same since. I went thru 32 therpy an nothing helped. He said nothing wrong with my knee but after 10 minutes with another doctor he says it must be done over so now I've got that to look forward to. Be careful before you let someone work on you. If I had seen his web site I would have never let him done mine.

February 16th, 2017
He did total knee replacement but after 10 months it wasn't right he said it was fine so went to another doc he said it had to be done again so in July I get to have another knee done right

June 4th, 2016
We found Dr. Yocum very nice and personable. He is an excellent surgeon and I will recommend him to my friends.

June 2nd, 2016
Great doctor and very kind man

July 8th, 2014
Dr Yocum
Dr Yocum has an extremely dry bed side manner. I am the husband of one of his patients. I felt as if I was a burden for him to talk to me about my wife. Very direct with no real sense of compassion. He did a wonderful surgery for my wife, but again, he is NOT a person if you are looking for a caring (emotionally supportive) specialist.

April 30th, 2014
Best doctor I've ever had! Extremely intelligent and kind. Highly recommended.

April 30th, 2014
Horrible bed side manner just RUDE
Horrid bed side manner was rushed treated like a 5 year old with little if any concern for my problem I was he last appt he was packed and ready to leave spent 5 mins left said come back two weeks a clear know it all

March 12th, 2013
It was such a pleasure being treated by Dr. Yocum. He put me at complete ease and had the best bedside manner of any doctor I've ever had. And he was absolutely hilarious! I was cracking up even through my multiple broken bones. Highly recommend him to anyone for any of the services he offers. I would go back in a heartbeat!

January 19th, 2013
First visit and hurt worse than before
After I hobled around their office to get xrays and physical exam I was sent to another floor to set up physical therapy then limped my way back out to the main lobby. I advised Dr. Yocum I had been dealing with this for 3 weeks already and would like some relief. He prescribed Mobic. After a day, I called and said this is not working. The nurse advised this medicine may take a week to work. I advised this was unacceptable and I would find another doctor to treat my pain since they apparently don't want to help.

July 25th, 2012
Will not go back
It was as if we were wasting his time. He made a couple of snied remarks. Arrogant, know-it-all.

October 28th, 2016