Dr. John Yuan MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

March 23rd, 2017
Best Doc in the LI area!
I went with my father to see Dr. Yuan. Dr. Yuan was kind, intelligent and just phenomenal overall. Also, might I add that he is quite knowledgeable about baseball? My father loves him. His office is clean and his staff is welcoming. I cannot find any complaints with him. We are planning to see him for another visit in a few months and we are looking forward to it! Best Doc in the Long Island area!

August 22nd, 2016
Phenomenal Doctor
I wrote a review on health grades but I will write the same here. I thoroughly enjoyed my visits and appointments with Dr.Yuan. He is nice, thorough and nothing short of excellemt. After going to many other Doctors around the area for my veins- he is by far the best one. I take my health very seriously (like anyone else should) and I am extremely grateful for the care Dr.Yuan has provided me.

August 24th, 2015
Dr. Yuan saved my mother's life! When other doctors gave up on her and thought there was nothing else they could do, Dr. Yuan came in like House and saved her life. I am forever grateful.

May 11th, 2015
Dr. Yuan was great and very personable. The staff was friendly. And the girl the took me in was super nice and knowledgable. I was a little nervous and she reassured me with sincerity and kindness.

January 17th, 2015
Great

December 7th, 2014
Fantastic
Fantastic, kind and thoughtful is one of many things about this doctor. His procedures have been thorough and well done. His staff is great and welcoming. I don't wait that long and he has accommodations like magazines and a television. Unlike the other reviewers, Dr. Yuan is phenomenal.

May 21st, 2013
Non helpful and horrible bedside manner.
During my first appointment with him, he was very friendly and spent a long time in the office with me. He seemed very professional and I thought that we would be of help to me. When I returned for another appointment, he was very rude and abrupt. It seemed like he had no interest in helping me and just wanted me out of the office. My third appointment with him, he was absolutely no help. My leg had swelled to my knee and he said that the swelling would never go down and to elevate it. He gave me no medical advice otherwise. During that visit, he called me a liar, because previously he told me that the swelling would not go past the knee. I confronted him about that and he said 'I never said that, you're a liar.' My leg is in so much pain and he is doing NOTHING about it. He refuses to help me, by saying that it will never get better. Every time I go to him I'm in and out with him glancing at the leg and saying that it's expected to be like that. According to him, the veins in my legs are very large and he wants to do a lazer procedure on them. When he was trying to figure it out, he yelled at me because I could not put my leg in a certain position (I have a broken hip). He said 'how the h**am I supposed to do this procedure? What do I have to be? A contortionist?' He then made me an appointment for 14 days later, while meanwhile I could barely walk. I do not trust him. I do not feel that he is a competent doctor and I am canceling the vein appointment because I am afraid to go back to him. I am calling my general practitioner to see if he can recommend another vascular doctor. I do not trust Dr. Yuan and would not recommend him. He is not professional, does not answer questions and does not give treatment when it is needed. I am not going back to him, nor would I recommend him to anyone else. I am very disappointed.

August 9th, 2011
Dr. Yuan is excellent
You will be in very skilled hands with Dr. Yuan. His whole demeanor is very reassuring and professional.

May 26th, 2010
Great docter
board rated best in the buisness

October 24th, 2009
Very dissapointed..
After being a patient for Dr. Yuan for many years, I was finally forced to leave his practice. I could no longer tolerate his rude staff and their lack of care, but what REALLY made me change was Dr. Yuan's bedside manner and his inability to help me medically. I am now with a new doctor and doing great.

July 4th, 2017