Otolaryngologist (ear, nose, throat)
Video profile

3.0

Bilateral Vestibulopathy of Unknown Causes show details Bilateral Vestibulopathy of Unknown Causes
by Ex-Patient on Jan 16th, 2013

For some reason he did not seem to care what was causing my decline in balance and vertigo. Said it didn't matter. I had to request testing to verify a diagnosis...sent me to VRT before I was stabilized, as he said I was but in fact I continued to decline with increasing symptoms but less vertigo as I eventually bottomed out with 100% loss bilaterally. Of course he wouldn't have known because he didn't care. He has a attitude if you know more about your condition than he's telling you, and makes smart remarks if you ask questions. No empathy or facial expression period. Cold and uncaring doctor...would never recommend him to anyone. He has a lot to learn on patient care. My life will NEVER be as it once was and yes I'm disabled due to my damage of "unknown and not important" reasons...

Severe Ear Problem show details Severe Ear Problem
Apr 1st, 2011

After seeing several doctors for my ear problem, someone suggested Dr Zappia.... that was the best advice. He was the only doctor who helped me with my ear problem. He is the best.

He's a great Doctor! show details He's a great Doctor!
Mar 28th, 2011

I never have a problem getting an appointment. Dr. Zappia was very kind. I was having vertigo issues and he put me at ease when applying the Epley Maneuver.I would definitely recommend him.

would never recommend him to anyone! show details would never recommend him to anyone!
Mar 27th, 2011

He dismissed my problem with my ear. He did not listen to me when I told him I knew something was wrong. I finally demanded a CT scan which indeed showed another growth. I will never see him or let him do surgery on me again. His bad side manner is terrible!!! Not sympathetic at all...does not explain anything!

by D DeVolder on Jun 26th, 2010

Dr Zappia was extremely courteous, professional and empathetic. He thoroughly explained my condition and offered numerous options. I would highly recommend him - as a matter of fact - I already have !

Hostile, Critical, Doesn't Listen show details Hostile, Critical, Doesn't Listen
Dec 4th, 2009

Extremely cold, hostile, and accusatory. He quickly passed judgement on me and ignored evidence to the contrary. Failed to listen with empathy and trust. Repeatedly belittled me for supposedly not answering his question when indeed I already had. Offered ludicrous solutions to my problems. Appeared to lack specific knowledge of my condition. Told me he didn't have time for me. I don't think it could get much worse...