Otolaryngologist (ear, nose, throat), Pediatrician
18181 Oakwood Blvd
Ste 201
Dearborn, MI 48124
248-865-4444
Locations and availability (5)

2.5

|  Satan in St. John  |  show details
by Ex patient on Feb 26th, 2013

John Zappia should not be allowed to work with the public & should def have his MD certification pulled. He is probably one of the biggest jerks I have ever met in my life. He is extremely emotionless && has made my experience scarier && more stressful then it needs to be. He is rude, intimidating, careless, vile, belittling, insulting, judgemental && uninformative. It was seriously mind blowing that this man is currently still employed in general, even an uneducated fool couldn't keep a job at mcdonald's acting the way he does. He is not only rude to his patients but he is rude to staff. I was referred to Dr. Zappia after a bad car accident I had been in when a woman made a right turn in to my driver door from the left lane causing hearing loss && pain when prior I wasn't having any problems at all. The first time I had went in his office from the minute he walked in he was mean, he didn't explain anything to me && insisted I had an "ear infection" he cleaned my ear out and applied a cream insisting it would be fixed. When the assistant had grabbed the seringe to apply it in my ear it looked like a large needle so in fear I asked what it was turns out it was rubber but you couldn't tell from far away. He then yelled at the assistant & told her to keep it hidden from the patient when she walked in implying that it wasn't important to explain what he was doing && had no intentions of doing so. He made it so scary that I was literally scared to go back. Three weeks later my hearing came back to the point where I could actually hear but not a lot as before I was completely deaf. Im always dizzy now && have severe migrains after certain noises its almost unbearable at times. I had seen other doctors threw this time for other injuries that occured in the accident && when I finally got the courage to go back in there he was again rude to his staff && had asked me why I bothered coming back. He said that my hearing had gotten better but did not fully improve but it obviously isn't serious or an emergency because I didn't come back sooner && walked out as if I was lying. Obviously my symptoms were bad enough that I chanced going in there to be treated like a piece of crap again && nothing changed. This has honestly been a terrible experience all the way around afterwards I felt extremely depressed because truly I don't know whats happening to my health in general anymore I'm only 24, female && have really no family && I was really counting on this man to help me. I never imagined I would be in this bad of health at such a young age I lost all hope && decided to look up reviews. I came acrossed a large amount of horror stories from other patients, things you'd think to be fabricated I completely believed. Its honestly disgusting how bad hes made so many people feel. Please believe me that he is not a good doctor do NOT take your children or loved ones to him his word is not to be trusted & he will seriously treat you like crap not take anything you say in to consideration && walk out of there like hes happy he just made someone feel small.

|  Bilateral Vestibulopathy of Unknown Causes  |  show details
by Ex-Patient on Jan 16th, 2013

For some reason he did not seem to care what was causing my decline in balance and vertigo. Said it didn't matter. I had to request testing to verify a diagnosis...sent me to VRT before I was stabilized, as he said I was but in fact I continued to decline with increasing symptoms but less vertigo as I eventually bottomed out with 100% loss bilaterally. Of course he wouldn't have known because he didn't care. He has a attitude if you know more about your condition than he's telling you, and makes smart remarks if you ask questions. No empathy or facial expression period. Cold and uncaring doctor...would never recommend him to anyone. He has a lot to learn on patient care. My life will NEVER be as it once was and yes I'm disabled due to my damage of "unknown and not important" reasons...

|  Severe Ear Problem  |  show details
Apr 1st, 2011

After seeing several doctors for my ear problem, someone suggested Dr Zappia.... that was the best advice. He was the only doctor who helped me with my ear problem. He is the best.

|  He's a great Doctor!  |  show details
Mar 28th, 2011

I never have a problem getting an appointment. Dr. Zappia was very kind. I was having vertigo issues and he put me at ease when applying the Epley Maneuver.I would definitely recommend him.

|  would never recommend him to anyone!  |  show details
Mar 27th, 2011

He dismissed my problem with my ear. He did not listen to me when I told him I knew something was wrong. I finally demanded a CT scan which indeed showed another growth. I will never see him or let him do surgery on me again. His bad side manner is terrible!!! Not sympathetic at all...does not explain anything!

|  show details
by D DeVolder on Jun 26th, 2010

Dr Zappia was extremely courteous, professional and empathetic. He thoroughly explained my condition and offered numerous options. I would highly recommend him - as a matter of fact - I already have !

|  Hostile, Critical, Doesn't Listen  |  show details
Dec 4th, 2009

Extremely cold, hostile, and accusatory. He quickly passed judgement on me and ignored evidence to the contrary. Failed to listen with empathy and trust. Repeatedly belittled me for supposedly not answering his question when indeed I already had. Offered ludicrous solutions to my problems. Appeared to lack specific knowledge of my condition. Told me he didn't have time for me. I don't think it could get much worse...