Gynecologist
Video profile

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

3.0

Some ratings provided by Yahoo.
 |  Sexually rude doctor. Pushes surgeries and expensive testing. No good for surgeries.  |  show details
Oct 7th, 2014

On top of everything previously stated, he is sexually-rude! Positive reviews from fertility issues only.

|  my bad surg  |  show details
Apr 1st, 2014

He did not do my surg he let his fiance do it then she is also his account manger she tried to double dip my ins but did not work he has a nasty mouth one of his nurse told me he does tests that cost for no reason my surg has turned out to be a bad dream I am having issues many one I did not have I would not take my dog to him , he did not listin when I told him something was not right he made a nasty remark young ladies listin he will make yu have more issues him and his wife what ever she is are for the money he is making ladies sick yu will not be fixed and may have more problems I am getting a lawyer try to make it know he us not a good dr. He dies not even have the right to carry that title he slaughters women yu ladies that say he made yu well how long did it take him and ask yourself when will I get sick are have issues again I am warning yu think about it before yu let him cut yu are his wife whatever she is I know she is money hungry they could care less what happens to yu and his staff are jokes want to be a med asst.the young lady that done tests on me she told me my test were useless but she had to do what he said after my surg that is when she told me about his crazy personal life which seems to affect his job as a dr. I hope the ones going thru what I am now with my help can get thru to other ladies some if the remarks about how good he is are done by his staff I was told by inside help to give him a good ref.good luck to yu ladies and GOD help all of us recover from his knife .

|  Rude...  |  show details
Mar 23rd, 2014

It was a bad experience, He was rude and would not listen to anything I had to say. I had waited an hour and half first before I got called back then he was only in my room for 5min .

|  What an Amazing Doctor!!  |  show details
by J.C. on Oct 14th, 2013

One of the greatest gifts God can give us are children, however after having mine, I just didn't feel the same anymore. I went thru many years of having pelvic pain, painful intercourse and constipation. Never in my mind did I ever think there was a doctor who could fix these issues until I met Dr. Zavaleta. I went to Dr. Zavaleta, whom explained in detail and gave me articles to read in regards to my issues. He recommended I have surgery to improve my sexual desire. He was right! After having surgery, I felt like I was reborn! I had no more sexual dysfunctions, and I could actually enjoy being intimate with my husband. Both Dr. Zavaleta and his staff made my experience amazing. They were all so kind and made me feel very comfortable. Thank you so much Dr. Zavaleta and your staff for improving my Quality of life!

|  Best gyn doctor  |  show details
by Y.S. on Oct 14th, 2013

He is a very knowledgeable doctor with years of experience. He has been my doctor for years and I would HIGHLY recommend him to all women. I didn't feel the same after having children. I would of never have imagined that there was a solution to my problems. I started having issues with urinary stress incontinence, knee pain, back pain and vaginal air during intercourse. After examination he recommended the P&E repair with sling and that changed my life. I feel like a NEW PERSON! I can't thank Dr Zavaleta and his staff enough! Everyone was wonderful and helpful. He took the time to explain in detail the five steps of sexual desire to improve my sex life in a professional manner. I don't have to worry about having accidents anymore. Thank you Dr Zavaleta and staff!!! You are the best!!!

|  Finally a specialist who LISTENS! I love Dr. Z!  |  show details
by Hope B on Oct 14th, 2013

Since May of 2012, I had been from specialist to specialist who could not help me with my pain and then a good friend referred me to Dr. Z. He listened to every single thing I said, he let me complain, he let me cry the first few times I went in, as I was struggling with Interstitial Cystitis and the pain was unbearable. The key word here: WAS unbearable. Not only did this physician help me get my life back, he researched supplements that could help me heal and made sure everything he found to help me, he gave me every piece of information he could find about it. Being a pharmacist prior to becoming an M.D., I trust his knowledge with everything he prescribes to me. I have sent several patients his way, and they love him like I do. He's truthful. He gets to the point. And he only wants what's best for his patients. His staff has been nothing but doting and kind to me. I drive 20 miles from home for my follow-up visits. Dr. Z and his office staff are well worth the travel time. Thankfulness doesn't begin to describe how I feel about Dr. Z and his office staff. I love them.

|  Patient  |  show details
by Kathy on Oct 14th, 2013

Dr Zavaleta and his staff have taken amazing care of me. I have been putting off seeing anyone because I have a fear of doctors. Dr Zavaleta and his staff made me feel so comfortable. I had an ablation in May due to extremley heavt periods and the results have been remarkable. I just had the Pelvic Organ Prolapse surgery two weeks ago and my symptons of back pain, constipation and urinary incontinence are completely gone. I went back to work just 5 days after surgery with no pain! I will (and have) referred several friends and family to Dr Zavaleta and they have all been extremely pleased! Thanks you Dr Zavaleta for being such a caring compassionate doctor

|  he shouldve stuck to being a pharmacist  |  show details
by a former patient on Oct 8th, 2013

I went to dr zavaleta in january for pelvic pain. Ive had pelvic pain for 12 years. he found a tumor on my left ovary and said i needed surgery to remove it. we went through with the surgery and recovery went well. i went back for the post op appt and was still in pain and he acted like i was crazy for still being in pain! i went back again for the pain and he told me to put on a gown and get on the table. his assistant was facing the computer while he did his exam, entering what he was saying into the computer. during that exam he slid his finger up and down my vagina and said "this is how your husband should be doing it".. I was in absolute shock.. I did NOT go in there for sexual problems, I went in for recurring pain, which he should believe since the first time I needed surgery! He said youre probably constipated and come back if it persists. I went to another obgyn and had to have ANOTHER SURGERY because I had a complex cyst that they were worried about being malignant. He shouldve listened and cared more and not touched me in that way! Im speaking to an attorney now because of his abuse and im not going to let him get away with touching women in that way! DO NOT GO SEE THIS MAN, HE WILL ABUSE YOU, MAYBE NOT THE FIRST TIME, BUT HE WILL!

|  Abuse by Dr. Zavaleta...Ain't No Way!  |  show details
by Victoria Curtis on Oct 2nd, 2013

I read a review by someone who did not post their name. The patient claims that she was abused by Dr. Zavaleta. My question is...if Dr. Zavaleta physically abused you, why did you not report this incident immediately? I can see (if this happened) why you might not call; but to have your husband not call is difficult to believe. Dr. Zavaleta is the best doctor, I know. My surgery, the staff and the after care is Heaven sent. Personally, if you are a female and you need medical care, Dr. Zavaleta is it! I put my name (Victoria Curtis) on it.

|  Happy with care  |  show details
Jul 26th, 2012

I've had very good experiences at this office. In my opinion, the staff is very well trained and they seem happy to be working there. Wait times vary, from 10-30 minutes, but I find it reasonable. When Dr. Zavaleta comes into the room, I always feel like he is listening and I never feel rushed. He has always asked many questions to get to the bottom of my problem. At my well woman exams, he takes the time to ask about other problems that other doctors have never asked about, like sexual problems. Other doctors have basically ignored by questions related to this matter. The nurses made it a point to tell me that Dr. Z doesn't deliver babies anymore, and I think that is a good thing because I truly feel he has more time to spend with his patients and their problems. He even gave me his cell phone and email once so I could follow up with him on a particular issue without having to come back. I also spoke with another patient in the waiting room who told me Dr. Z diagnosed the cause of her pelvic pain when many other doctors had not. I read the review about him pushing surgeries, and while he did tell me that I had some degree of prolapse that could be corrected surgically, he stated very clearly we did NOT have to do anything until I developed symptoms from it and chose to do it. I appreciate him and his office and will be a patient as long as I live in the area.

|  One of the Best  |  show details
Jul 11th, 2012

Dr Zavaleta and his staff took wonderful care of me when I was in extreme pain and no other dr could find a reason why. I have been a patient for just six months and am pain free and active again! Thanks Dr Z!

May 10th, 2012

He is the best doctor i have ever seen. He truly cares about each individual patient and took the time with me that was needed to solve my problem. Totally recommend him.

|  Patient for over 15 years  |  show details
Oct 20th, 2011

I have had the pleasure of having Dr. Z as my OB/GYN for more than 15 years and I will tell you I would not trade him for any other OB/GYN. It is the most caring and knowledgeable doctor I have come across in my entire life. He is ALWAYS researching techniques and items of interest to his Female patients. If you are looking for someone that is very smart, knowledgeable and caring to the point that you are treated like one of the family this is definitely the doctor for you. I promise you that you will not be disappointed!

|  Knowledgable and Caring  |  show details
Aug 3rd, 2011

I was referred to Dr.Z in 1990 and have been a patient since. He delivered my daughter, which was a problem pregnancy, with the highest regard to our health and what was best for us. As I am getting older, he is outstanding in discussing my situation and advising the best way to proceed. He gets the highest rating possible!

Apr 28th, 2011

Everyone in the office are so courteous.

|  An Amazing Doctor in His Field  |  show details
Feb 10th, 2011

Doctor Zavaleta is most professional and ahead of the curve in his practices. His staff is well trained and accomodating. After two surgeries and three years of great care, I am feeling better than I ever have. He is worth his weight in gold! Thank You Dr Z.

|  Money grubbing cutter  |  show details
Jan 17th, 2011

Dr. Zavaleta likes to do a lot of surgery. Ever wonder why? This is where he makes the big money...he will routinely try to "diagnose" patients with some ailment requiring surgery because that's how he makes his money. Read the other reviews....half the time he botches the job and women are ruined for life. Do you want to take that chance?

|  cancer  |  show details
by B.C.G. on Jan 14th, 2011

I live because Dr. Zavaleta reconized an undiscovered cancer and removed it just in the nick of time. Thank you, Dr. Zavaleta.

Jun 30th, 2010

Dr Zavaleta gave my daughter her normal life back. She was admitted to an area hospital after visiting the ER in extreme pain in her stomach. She spent five days there, went to several specialists and no one could explain what was going on. She had a colonscopy (at 19 yrs of age!) and still no results.We went to see Dr Zavaleta and he immediately had an idea of what he thought was wrong. He performed some tests and his original thoughts were correct. He was able to do Pelvic Muscle Rehab with her and within days her pain decreased significantly. She continued with the rehab and has now been able to get back to being a normal college student!Thank you Dr. Zavaleta!!!!

|  My experience after putting my health in Dr. Zavaletas hands  |  show details
by Rita H. on Oct 11th, 2009

Dr. Zavaleta performed Rectocele, Cystocele, and vaginal reconstructive surgeries on me almost 3 years ago. I have nerve damage, scar tissue, and pain from these surgeries. Sexual intercourse, which he and his staff stated numerous times would be better for me and my husband, is so racked with severe pain that I can barely stand it and my husband complains of discomfort as well. I will no doubt have this pain for the rest of my life as my new GYN says if we try to correct it, it would probably bring on even more pain. At the beginning of the office visits, Dr. Zavaleta and his staff appear very helpful and take time with you. After the surgery (after insurance has been filed), when I told Dr. Zavaleta about the pain I was having he was very aloof, he came across as not believing I could have this pain. He made a correction with another surgery. I have since found out, through my new doctor, that this corrective surgery probably added to the pain of the initial surgery by adding additional scar tissue. He did not advise me of the issues that can occur with these surgeries, nor did he give me the statistics of these corrective surgeries success or failure. Therefore, I was unable to make an educated decision pertaining to my healthcare. In a way, I feel as if I was disfigured. I have multiple sisters and have advised them not to use Dr. Zavaleta. Dr. Zavaleta seems to be proud of the work he does, especially the vaginal reconstruction he pushes, he shouldn't be.One thing to mention is all the 'tests' he runs on you before he will do the surgeries. These tests measure urine flow and so on; they are expensive tests that are billed separate from the surgery.I read the other reviews and I can't help but think the favorable ones must be friends or family members. In my opinion, they couldn't possibly be from other surgery patients.I discontinued using Dr. Zavaleta as a GYN after my bad experiences from these surgeries. My only hope is that if you are considering these types of surgeries you will read these reviews before taking the steps in using Dr. Zavaleta.

|  Fistula Surgery  |  show details
by PP on Jul 15th, 2009

Dr. Zavaleta performed Fistula surgery on me back in 2000. I had chronic constipation for many years and no doctor could diagnose why. Dr. Zavaleta performed a routine pap smear and found the fistula right away. My surgery changed my life for the past nine years. He is a very good diagnostician in my opinion.

|  FORMER patient  |  show details
Apr 13th, 2009

Dr. Zavaleta performed a vaginal reconstructive surgery, blatter lift and ablation on me 2 years ago. I have nerve damage that still cause me pain and mussle spasms from these surgeries. I have been going to physical therapy since my surgery but I will probably have this pain for the rest of my life. Do not use this doctor! He ruined my life!! He was not up front or honest about the risks of these surgeries or the recovery time. He denied that he did anything wrong but other doctors have said he basically screwed up and performed surgeries that were not necessary. His staff was good, though.

by Rosen123 on Mar 9th, 2009 on yahoo.com

Yeah dr zavaleta might be a great Doctor but I have really not dealt with him that much. But the way they run the office is terrible! His office was always calling to cancel schdled appointment few days before..and then trying to reschdle the last minute! They surely have to understand that most people work 40 hours a week and not that easy just to get up and go from work. This was done to me several times. I can not deal with an office like this that is why i have swtched. Again Dr Zavaleta might be a good Dr but I was never really given the chance to see. Their office canceled severl diff appointment probably 3-4 times and one of them being a surgery date (they called me a week before) which again I WORK and not that easy to reschdle on my end. If this Dr has to much on his plate then he needs to re-organize his workload.

Read Full Review at yahoo.com
Feb 22nd, 2009

by Cintea on Dec 28th, 2008 on yahoo.com

Dear Doctor John thank you for being the one to put me back together. Made me A Virgin again lol. I have been in your care since 1996 when you found my pre cancer and removed it. My Mom says you have kind eyes you truly are one in a million. I recommend you to all my freinds and associaties for ob gyn care. God Bless you top 10 in the US for best Doctors congrats.||Sincerely Cynthia Howard Fort Worth TX

Read Full Review at yahoo.com
 |  A very caring Doctor  |  show details
Aug 14th, 2008

Dr.Zavaleta has been my Ob-gyn since 1989, delivered all my three daughters. He is truly a very caring doctor, he treats you respect & care - a very grateful patient.

Apr 29th, 2008

Didn't care for him. Changed Drs.