Neurological Surgeons, Otolaryngologist (ear, nose, throat), Surgical Specialist

21605 E 11 Mile Rd
Saint Clair Shores, MI 48081
586-774-4600
Locations and availability (1)

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  Knows his stuff, but is very RUDE!  |  show details
by Disappointed! on Nov 13th, 2013

He seems to know his stuff, but he seems to have something against over-weight people. He was extremely offensive to me, and I felt like he was putting me down without even knowing me. Quite frankly, he acting like a world class A-hole! It felt like he wanted me to feel bad about myself. I went to him for help and in return, I got put downs. I will never go to this doctor again!

|  Worst Doctor I've ever run across  |  show details
Mar 6th, 2012

He has an God complex. I can not express my distain for a doctor who simple would not allow a patient the opportunity to express their health history. He does not possess the necessary attributes to empathize with a patient.Get a second opinion.

|  show details
Dec 25th, 2011

I had spinal fusion surgery after suffering for 7 years, and other docs telling me they could help me but wouldnt because I was too young(39). Had it not been for this Doctor I would have never gotten my life back. Eternally Grateful

|  the best  |  show details
Nov 29th, 2011

one of the best in the Detroit area would recomend him to any one

|  THE BEST IN HIS FIELD. I WOULDN'T GO ANYWHERE ELSE!  |  show details
Jul 6th, 2011

Dr. Z is the best neurosurgeon in Michigan, maybe in the U.S.! I've had two back operations, both successful and pain free. Dr. Z doesn't allow his patients to be in pain. You are given very precise instructions, oral and written, when you have surgery. He makes sure he covers all the bases before he operates. He explains everything to you and your spouse. You bring copies of your x-rays, MRI's, CT scans, etc. and he reads them in the office. He also brings them into the room to review with you. His staff is great, friendly and helpful. If you are having back problems and are not getting relief, go see Dr. Zinkel. I guarantee he will fix it for you!

|  Outstanding and caring , absolutley the finest surgeon I've ever had !  |  show details
by Charles Vance (seven time surgical patient ,not by need, but by spinal deformation on May 17th, 2010

Dr.Zinkel has been and always will be the finest Neurosurgeon availablbe in Michigan. I know this personeally due to the fact that Dr. Ronald Sables recomended him to me when Bon Secours first hired him. He was always very honest and forthrite with me and always recomended everything before attempting any sort of surgery.He is exceptional as a Surgeon and as a person.