Internists
351 W Swanson Ave
Ste 4
Wasilla, AK 99654
907-376-5228
Locations and availability (4)

2.5

Some ratings provided by Practice Fusion. DrScore.
 |  show details
by Melissa on Sep 13th, 2014

***warning*** First of all the office staff is horrible. They stand around and really don't help the patients. I even heard two of the medical assistance taking about how their boss is a fat slob. Then I am being seen for a back injection for my pain. I am treated like a complete drug addict, I was told they run everyone through the state drug monitoring system and it was a federal law to do this high intensity drug test. I thought ok just make the pain go away. Dr. Zipperer did the injection, it didn't work. I never got a call regarding how I was feeling and actually had to sit in a line of aweful hard chairs. After sitting there and listening to this receptionist talk about her sons ninja turtles birthday party and complaining about how she hates traveling to Fairbanks. Oh and the HIPAA violations were intense as everyone checking out she stated the medications she would call in for the patient. I didn't need to know 3 out of the 4 patients were being referred to the methadone clinic. I cannot believe my expereince there and wonder why is this place still open?

|  Stay away  |  show details
Jun 24th, 2014

He'll do anything to get someone addicted to his meds so they keep coming back and he keeps getting the money. He could care less about a patient. Don't ever go to him. Many people end up addicted from this man.

|  show details
by Mary on May 6th, 2014

Don't listen to the reviews about Dr. Zipperer.... he is a wonderful and caring physician, but he will not keep a patient that isn't following the correct plan, that is why patients get mad and they are fired from his clinic.....drug testing is mandatory to screen if patients are taking other drugs then that are prescribed. I recommend you see him. Thank you.

|  Stay away  |  show details
Apr 23rd, 2014

This doc won't be around much longer. He bought his own lab in Tennessee to over bill patients ua's $8000. I was told by the alaska medical board they have several deaths directly related to his care (or lack of). He is greedy, careless with prescribing and makes patients come in weekly for financial gain. It's really sad because he started out as a great caring doctor. Greed and money changed everything. He's a pill mill with insurance fraud galore!!! I've spoken to the DEA, medical board and 3 insurance companies. His ship is sinking.

|  Greed is his main focus  |  show details
Mar 25th, 2014

I went to this doctor ONLY to complete the final stage of weaning off of suboxone. I had 3 appointments there and he required a urine sample on all 3 visits. His in-house lab was negative, as it should be, but he then sent the samples to his lab in Tennessee. The cost for each test was $8,000.00 and this is not a mis-print! He knew I had double health insurance and he used me! He does NOT follow the "standard of care" that other doctors in the area use. A urine drug test should cost NO MORE than $500.00 maximum. Do NOT go to this doctor. Shame on him.

|  Paranoid Doctor  |  show details
Jan 23rd, 2014

This doctor accused me of tampering with my UA, and abusing my medication. I did NOT do these things and am worried his paranoia will cause my reputation to be damaged. It is hard enough for get good pain management without ignorant doctors misunderstanding test results. I gave them 5 supervised urine tests, 2 of which were at MY REQUEST to try to clear my name and was still accused of tampering with them. How could I have done that when I was being watched, which was humiliating to say the least. He is not board certified for pain management or to perform injections but he is practicing in both of these areas in my hometown. Do NOT sign up with this clinic, they have harassed everyone I know who goes there (4 other people).