Dr. John Zoller MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

July 3rd, 2017
Spinal Stenosis
Best doctor I have ever had for surgery

September 1st, 2016
I would definitely recommend Dr Z to anyone. He is a very concerned Dr. I had a few problems after my knee surgery and he was right there taking care of the situation. Thank You

July 1st, 2016
Awesome Dr.
I have been seeing Dr. Zoller for many of years and he has all of my respect.. Dr. Zoller has performed several operations on me, My Neck, Foot, Elbow and I'm glad that Dr.Zoller was the one who helped me. Dr.Zoller is and will be the only Dr. I trust to operate on me. Thank you Dr. Zoller your the Man..

May 18th, 2015
Dr Zoller did fusion back surgery on Apr 13, 2015. I was out of hospital & rehab in 8 days. No P/T necessary, amazing recovery & healing. I would highly recommend his work to anyone. I had suffered severe leg pain for six months before seeing Dr. Zoller. Pain completely gone with surgery.

May 9th, 2014
The only way I could be happier....
This is my second encounter with Winchester Orthopedic Associates. I seem to be self destructive. Both encounters involved a different doctor: the first in an emergency situation with a badly broken femur; and, the second, lumbar fusion and laminectomy, was planned and with Dr. Zoller. Both surgeries, in my opinion, required considerable skill and care to patch this old body back together. With both surgeries I was back on my feet within twenty-four hours. I did not miss teaching a single class after breaking my leg and although the second surgery was considerably longer and involved a lot more anesthetic I was back looking for food and release the following morning. I did have to stay a second night in hospital and have come to the conclusion that if one needs rest and recovery a hospital is the last place to find either one. But that is another story! I must also admit that I was pretty nervous about the back (and front!) surgery. But Dr. Zoller, his PA, and the anesthesiologist all paid me a visit in pre-op and there gave considerable reassurance as well as answering all my questions--relevant and not so relevant. (Who needs to talk about a Bosu ball before back surgery?) Still, I'm glad I was the one who was unaware of what was going on for all those hours in the OR and not my wife, who, being fully conscious, worried about my well being the entire time I was peacefully being dissected. Perhaps a little Valium for the hapless spouses? Or maybe a bar in the surgical waiting room? Postoperative pain was minimal and required only Tylenol for easy management. At no time did I experience discomfort greater than 2 out of 10 and I think that that discomfort was mostly the result of being confined to those horrible hospital beds. I think that Dr. Zoller was responsible In no small part for my easy recovery. He was clearly very careful and did as little collateral damage as possible during the procedure. There was almost no discomfort at either surgical site from the moment I awoke until now, some three months later. The pain that took me to Dr. Zoller in the first place was gone when I awoke from the anesthetic., This Dr. Zoller predicted and told my wife immediately after he washed up from the procedure, Personally, I love that kind of confidence! Now I am able to stand tall and straight like I have not done for well over twenty years. Even my friends notice that, though I am still old, I do not look nearly as old as I did a few months ago! What better outcome is there? The only way I could be happier is if I had not abused my body for so many years and thereby never had to have the surgery at all! Thanks, Dr. John for all the help! And to anyone out there checking on this particular surgeon I can only say, he's the man!

February 5th, 2014
I have been with Dr, Zollier for several years. He listens to you and does ever thing he can to help you feel better. He always get back to me in as soon as he can, I will and have recommend to friends and family.

January 28th, 2014
life saving
Dr. Zoller and his staff are one of the most caring, kind people I have had the pleasure of dealing with medically. Dr. Zoller not only saved me from a broken neck, but his staff helped me so much with my recovery. Call backs were lightning fast, prescriptions were filled withjn a couple hours! Cant say enough how grateful I am to all of them. Especially dr. Zoller. He knew what was causing my pain, didnt mess around and fixed it. I am feeling fine!

January 15th, 2014
surgery and after care
very caring about me..He listens well to my concerns and answered all questions to a great understanding

January 14th, 2014
Anything you've heard bad about him is true. Poor bedside manner, rude staff, especially his PA. He's miserable being there, obviously. Also made a remark about another doctor in his office, whom I happen to really like. Has an online communication system set up but never, ever responds to you. Makes me wonder why he even had one set up. Told a friend of mine that he needed all of this certain back surgery. Upon obtaining a second opinion, all this friend needed was repair on a torn rotator cuff. That's scary. So glad I figured it out. His lack of care and compassion hit me smack in the face first but it didn't take me too long to find out how incompetent he really is.
Doctor's Response

I am very sorry I made you feel this way, and for your overall experience with me and my office. I encourage you to contact my office and ask to speak to me or Administration. I would like the opportunity to speak with you and earn your trust in me again.

March 29th, 2013
Excellent outcomes, very good surgeon
Dr. Zoller replaced one knee in Sept. 2010 and performed orthoscopic surgery on my other knee, Jan. 2013. My artificial knee has been a tremendous success with minimal pain and a very quick recovery. Many people with artificial knees say my outcome is the best they have seen. I was hiking with my family eight weeks after surgery. The recent scope procedure has eliminated pain from a torn maniscus and probably will buy me additional time before that arthritic joint may have to be replaced. In both cases he explained optioins, procedures, and possible outcomes. I asked lots of questions and he was an excellent listener and took all my questions and concerns seriously. Dr. Zoller is a straight shooter who tells it like it is. I prefer a matter-of-fact doc who doesn't sugar-coat the diagnosis.

March 10th, 2017