Dr. Johnathan Greenfield MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

August 10th, 2015
a Frightening Office
Office uncomfortable. Dingy, very hot, crammed with patients, some standing in hall, sitting on floor. Doctor Greenfield appeared to be pre-occupied, in a rush, and here we are discussing medications that have all sorts of serious side effects. Felt he mainly just kept coming up with another med, more or less to just get me out of his way, so he could get to the next patient. Abrasive, confrontative. Would never recommend this person. Making appointments difficult, always being re-scheduled. Didn't get impression that the office staff felt comfortable, they appeared rushed, like they were working at a factory. All in all, one of the most frightening "medical " experiences of my life. I could have gotten a better diagnosis and treatment plan from my family physician. My family doctor saw what was happening and basically just didn't want to be involved anymore.

June 28th, 2015
Terrible Physician
There is so much negativity posted about this physician that I hesitate to add more "fuel to the fire". Suffice to say that he is not a practitioner anyone should see. He may not be incompetent but, at best, he is careless, uncaring and borderline rude. His office staff changed constantly and his chauffeur/assistant had too much power and patient involvement with no clinical training we could discern. He was, sadly for us, assigned to our daughter's case at Columbia. Fortunately, we think he is either no longer in practice or is working outside of the State since his reputation and legal and medical board sanctions were numerous. We cannot believe any of the positive things were written by actual patients. God has been good to us and our family is highly educated and relatively affluent. He treated us better than most but his behavior was still abominable. Columbia had many complaints about him and yet allowed him to stay on. I can only imagine how poorly he treated other patients who may not have had top notch medical insurance benefits and adequate personal funding. We moved on quickly but others may not have the ability to do that so avoid this physician if, indeed, he is still working in the field. We were told he went to work at the VA for a short time and that would be a real travesty for our deserving and honored vets. Hopefully, he is fully retired from the medical field so he can do no more harm.

December 27th, 2014
It wavery very bad tbh 👎👎

February 5th, 2014
Excellent psychiatrist
Dr.G is the best psychiatrist. He is caring, is walkways available, and makes every patient feel important. While there is a long wait, he is well worth it. Maybe there is a long wait because so many people want too see him and only him!

October 10th, 2013
UNREAL
I have been seeing Dr. Greenfield since 2005. I have been on the same medications for years. I finally got stabilized and basically just needed refills. I recently became unemployed. I have no medical insurance for the first time in my life. Last month I called for refills and was told that the office was closed. I managed to get a hold of his niece who refilled my prescription for one month--KNOWING THEY WERE CLOSING THE OFFICE. This medication can cause seizures (which run in my family) if stopped abruptly. Well, I called again for a refill because instead of him giving me a six month refill like he usually did, he only gave me one month, no refills. At the time, I just thought that they were down for a week or so. I didn't know and no one notified me that the office was closing for good. Well, I called and now I learn that Dr. Greenfield closed his practice and now only works directly with St. Mary's. I could not get a hold of him thus cannot get refills OR my records so that I can, even though I can't afford it, go to another doctor. Very unprofessional move, huge and dangerous for patients. Because of the government shutdown, I can't even get medicaid. The hospital referred me to Dr. Sahadeo at (561) 863-4600 so I called thinking that my records were transferred there. Nope. And they want $225 for the initial visit. My unemployment is $275 a week. REALLY?! So my alternative is to admit myself to a psych ward and come out with a huge medical bill. I'm posting this on the BBB and any other site I can find.

September 19th, 2013
Closed Office/Failed to notify patients
I have been seeing this doctor for 8 months. Every time I had an appointment, there was a new office staff. It seemed that none remained in his employ for more than 90 days - the probationary time employers typically allow for new hires. I suppose none passed their first review. At any rate, since there was constant staff turnaround, none were properly trained or knowledgeable. The waiting room was hot, stuffy and unclean. I always had to wait more than an hour to be seen, and once even waited over three hours in the waiting room. Once I was led to a meeting room, I would wait anywhere from 30 to 60 minutes more. The doctor spent very little time with me and appeared quite disinterested in the situations that are causing my anxiety and depression. To top it all off, I went to my trimonthly appointment today only to find the office closed, The cardiology receptionist down the hall said, "All his patients are coming in here." She told me that Dr. Greenfield's office closed "about a month ago" and that nobody knows why it closed or where Dr. Greenfield currently is. I never received a call to tell me that this had occurred. I never received a letter. I drove 45 minutes in torrential rain and passed two bad accidents, only to get there and find the office deserted and locked. They didn't even bother to post a sign on the office door. I am appalled that a psychiatrist would literally leave his patients out in the rain. I called his answering service upon returning home and left a message for them to call me. They have not bothered to return my call. I deserved notification of some kind - phone call, form letter, something to tell me my appointment for today was cancelled. I would also have appreciated a reference so I could call on a new doctor. The AMA should be notified of the secretive and abrupt closing, with absolutely no regard for us, the patients. It is as if he has told us all to go jump in the lake. This is a complete outrage. Mental patients are not pawns on a chessboard!

June 17th, 2013
Smart careing and worth the wait
Dr g is a thoughtful man who truly cares about helping people. The appointments are usually a long wait but I think it is because he is in such high demand and so many people as well as doctors refer him . he and is compassionate and does not want to turn anyone away. He is extremely smart ,good at his profession and worth the wait as far as I am concerned. I have recommended him to two friends who also really like him a great deal.

November 16th, 2012
Scumbag
This docktor must have his license revoced

November 6th, 2012
Please don't waste your time and money!!! The worst

October 22nd, 2012
unforgiven conduct
My appointment was at 4:30 and I arrived at 4:15. I was called in to a room at 5:55 and at 6:10 the doctor had not been in to see me. I got up and walked out when the nurse stopped me and said not to leave that she was going to talk to him. She waived a t me to come to his office and he would see me there. I was extremely depressed and suicidal and as I telling this to the doctor he took a phone call from his child and started to do homework with her over the phone. On the third minute I got up and left. I am reporting him.

August 25th, 2012
sad for my mom
Mom was sent to him by nursing home 11 days ago gave her 3 meds. one of which is a narcotic and she hallucinates on them and he knows it! I live out of town and called him to hear what he thought he issues might be. I have called 11days in a row and spoke to staff in his office and still no response. Nursing home has called him and he hasn't responded to them either. Just gives drugs and says see you in a month. DO NOT USE HIM!!!!!!!!!!!My Mom has gotten WORSE and the situation now is DIRE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! PLEASE DO NOT USE HIM!! As a Psych he has now put me into mental anguish and we've never met. His license should be revoked!!!!!!

August 25th, 2012