Dr. Johnny Serrano DO Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

March 25th, 2013
recommend ALL the time.
So reading the reviews on here upset me. All complaints being listed have nothing to do with the quality of your care. Dr. Serrano performed a surgery on me n 2010, surgery that should have left significant scarring, which is in a place highly visible. Everyone of my drs who I see mentions my surgery scar....its beautiful. I have to point it out because no one can even tell its there. Everyone of them are now referring patients to him. Plus I rave about him and sending my husband to him for a surgery. Now I will admit, he does lack in the bedside manner but your not seeing a surgeon to be your primary physician. He's there to cut into you, and if he does it well who cares. I will continue to recommend him.

August 30th, 2012
Find a different Doctor
I was sent to this office by my primary care Dr. The Dr and the office staff are rude and do not care about your safety!!! After calling to pay a bill I received a receipt in the mail and was outraged!! All of my personal information from my credit card was written out and listed. Including the v-code from the back of my card. This information should NEVER be printed out. I called the office to voice my concern and was pretty much told " I'm sorry you don't like the way we handle things." I will be filing a complaint with my insurance company first thing tomorrow.
Doctor's Response

I apologize for your dilemma and have notified the billing company of your issue. We have an outside billing company that handles all of our collections. I don't see how issues with your bill correlate with compromising your safety? I doubt that the doctor and staff were both rude you. Why would it be in our interest to give you a foul experience. I apologize for your experience and impression.

June 6th, 2012
Surgery Gallbladder Removal/Cholecystectomy May 2012
Feeling bad right before surgery, shortness of breath and not much was done to make me feel better, except for putting me to sleep. Immediately, after coming out of the OR I was in excruciating pain. They gave me a pill for the pain and I had pain and difficulty swallowing it and didn't help with the pain. Finally they gave some Morphine Thank God it help. A few minutes later after the pain was in control thanks to the morphine another person was coming out of the OR screaming in horrible pain just like I was at that moment. It was a very "traumatic experience." I know several people that had this type of surgery including my wife and nobody had ever complain of such agonizing pain. In addition I had other surgeries, including one on my back to fuse some discs, and had never experience this problem. I talked to Dr Serrano and all he said: "It is normal." And immediately moved on to a different conversation. It's NOT Normal to be in agonizing pain immediately after surgery...
Doctor's Response

Some degree of pain is expected and "is" normal immediately post surgery. Pain relating to abdominal surgery can not be correlated to other surgeries, such as back surgery. Your pain threshold may be different than others. It also depends on what medication was given to you by the anesthesiologist. I depends on your degree of gallbladder pathology. I depends on the amount of pain meds you take prior to surgery.

September 12th, 2009
Actually not bad
Not sure about others, but this guy treated me well (metaphorically and literally).

June 26th, 2008
Arrogant
This physician has no bedside manner and unethical in his approach to surgical care.

January 29th, 2017