Overall Review

3.6

April 2nd, 2013
Knows Her Stuff
Dr. Carter is knowledgeable and friendly. A little quick in getting you in and out of the office, but I did not doubt her capabilities or judgment. Like other practitioners at Mass General, I assume she's been coached to tell her patients as little as necessary due to liability reasons. This is something I've experienced elsewhere at MGH. I tolerate it for black and white issues, including my minor skin issues. For my more serious and chronic condition (not dermatological), I chose another facility hoping I could have a "dog in the race."

January 4th, 2012
Great Doctor to deal with!!!!!
I would recommend Dr.Joi Carter too anyone.She is wonderful.she makes sure you understand what she is saying and explains all results.She makes sure that she answers all questions that you may have.

June 14th, 2011
NOT RECOMMENDED AT ALL!!!
She does not spend time with the patient. She does not care about the patient. She does not listen! She behaved like she wanted to be done with me and to move to the next patient. I don not recommnend her at all. I have seen more than 10 dermatologist all over the country and never seen one as bad as her. Do NOT waste your time and money!

May 19th, 2011
Disappointed
I called for an appointment with dr. Carter in Feburary and was not able to be seen until mid-April. She was a friendly doctor, she listened to my concerns and basically dismissed them. She offered no suggestions or follow up information to me. I expected so much more then "that's normal" to every concern, I wanted information, not a smile and a nod. She was dismissive and I was very disappointed.