Dr. Jon Banwart MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.8

September 22nd, 2016
Permanently injured
Woke up with paralysis and chronic regional pain syndrome by his hands. All the records written said No problems even though when I came to he kept saying I'm so sorry I'm so sorry. There was no plan of action treatment for his mistakes. My leg atrophied to 7"! He still provided no help nor a knowledge my pleas for help and what to do. I had good insurance yet he denied me any physical therapy even though I had 3 hip replacements and he paralyzed me! His nurse Katie got very animated over the phone and said they provided me with adequate help as they took my calls and gave me appointmentsome and they Never give hip replacement patients physical therapy! Now that was shocking to all drs that helped me following that nightmare. He still has never checked in on me since his errors. Not like I cam sure him so if he's as caring and such a humanitarian where is he when he makes permanent mistakes? I was an athlete, small, very active human being. I woke up in such a pain, faced amputation because he didn't act when damage was done to prevent more damage. So very disappointed in him and his nurse along with the hospital as they lied on the records which now I learn this is common practice from poor surgeons. It was obvious the moment I woke up from surgery it was obviously not exactly a success. Too bad he isn't what he claims he is. Been waiting since 2012 for him to reach out and find out what has happened to me and the expenses he has put me through.

June 29th, 2016
Excellent doctor!

June 20th, 2016
please read deeper in your drs. they hide things
I woke up from surgery with him saying "I'm so sorry. I'm so sorry. He left me in an incomplete paralysis and severe nerve damage after a total hip replacement. He never adressed the paralyzed leg from the hip to toes or thw complex regional pain syndrome. He left me in. My follow up apts consisted of xray the hip and never sent me to physical therapy after I begged for it 3 hip replacement in less than. A year. 2 were his errors. When the muscle atrophy set in I begged him to tell me what was happening. He dismissed it. He never sent me to pain management. He didn't report in the records I woke up from surgery like this. He didn't help me with orthodontic devices. Just xray the hip and send me home. The pain was so horrid I'd hallucinate. I couldn't eat or drink. I was an athletic person and in great shape of my life never overweight. Just had a fluke deal with bad hips. He then finally said wait 2 years (mind you that is the statute of limitations ) I was a mess, cofused and in so much pain the atrophy was so bad I was about to have an amputation of the limb by the time I got help from good drs. All who said in their 30 yrs never saw such poor work and even worse poor follow up and immediately go tme into therapy and pain management. His nurse Katie said over the ohone we did our duty. Hip replacement patients do not get physical therapy! (Um, that's weird, mist I know do plus I was paralyzed and that requires special therapy) We gave u appointments and took your calls! That experience has left me with a mountain of medical bills that are permanent and the cost of special socks and 2 pairs of shoes different sizes to accommodate my leg device. I wish he'd at least pay for the socks and shoes. The least he could do. Because I dragged myself around the pressureblew out my wrists as well. Too afraid of drs and knives to correct it. After 5 yrs I can now walk again. But only because of drs who were willing to step up immediately. I lost 2 years of getting therapy u will never know how much further I would be if I had had that. I had excellent insurance at the time as well. So that would not be a factor. He made a huge mistake and covered it up. But what's worse is he never jumped in to a plan B to help his patient . That's where it truly hurt any confidence. He knew his mistake before I ever woke up and left me there alone .. Dr banwart. You owe me and my family a huge apology and at least you could do is check in on me now and offer to help with socks and shoes. That's nothing compared to what I have to do. I have an amazing device that is the only prosthetic that wraps around a salvageable limb. Better look into it for your other patients. I sometimes just hope you have bad dreams because you definitely took a vibrant woman out of work and a planned out life and flipped it and my family upside-down. Traveling 3 hours one way to see you and you failed miserably. I look to see if I ever get any mail from you for any care but so far hear nothing from you. Please find another surgeon.... this man is a huge disappointment

April 20th, 2016
Wonderful doctor tell you straight

February 3rd, 2012
Fantastic doctor and human being

November 22nd, 2010
Knees that can't wait
I had seen another doctor in the area and wasn't a fan at all. Then transfered to Dr. Banwart and my life started to change. I had a weight issue and we discussed this and I told him what I had and was working on with it. He took exrays and made an appt for surgery the first visit. He was expecting problems, but the surgery went fine and the recovery far better than he thought it was. The second went well too. I would recommend him for anyone. He do everything he can for you, but you are responsible for the work it takes after the surgery. However, he there for you all the way. If I ever needed more ortho surgery he's the one.