Dr. Jon Dounchis Is this you?

3.8

Have you seen Dr. Jon Dounchis?

“Go elsewhere”

Posted on November 16th, 2017

A year and a half ago I had elective total hip replacement with Dr. Dounchis. I was not yet 60 years old. The day after surgery I asked him how it went and he stated it went well, no complications. Imagine my shock when I saw a cable wrapped around my femur when I finally saw my X-rays about 8 months after surgery. According to him, this cable is a “routine” part of total hip arthroplasty. Numerous surgeons as well as the manufacturer of the cable have since told me that the use of a cable is NOT a “routine”part of a hip replacement . One surgeon told me-“in 15 years of a very busy practice I have only used a cable twice.” So... if you would like a cable wrapped around your femur as part of a “routine” total hip replacement, Dr Dounchais is your man. My recovery was long and painful. I made numerous calls to his office to complain of pain and difficulty with walking and was repeatedly told the exact same words each time by his main nurse-“What do you want us to do? Go elsewhere.” It is still difficult to simply get dressed each morning. Walking my dog is now a chore versus the joy it once was. If you are contemplating surgery with Dr Dounchis I would STRONGLY advise that you follow the advice of his nurse and-“Go elsewhere.”

MR

Posted on August 1st, 2016

Dr Dounchis performed a makoplasty on my rt knee in 2010 and I could not be happier-he did a fantastic job and I have a left knee giving me trouble now and I wish I still lived close enough to see him-a highly qualified Dr,and I found him to be very friendly.

Patient

Posted on January 21st, 2016

I thank everybody who wrote a "real" review about Dr. Dounchis. Reading your reviews saved me from an unnecessary operation (complete knee replacement), I got a second opinion at the last minute and It was shocking to me when I found out that I wasnt a candidate for a complete knee replacement or even partial replacement. I had my doubts about my operation and now I am very happy that i got a second opinion.

Posted on November 19th, 2015

He was abrupt and rude. He left the room while I was speaking to him, he did not explain to us what the injury was that my father was experiencing. He was dismissive and arrogant .

Posted on September 28th, 2015

caring ,wonderful , knowledge & kind to my wife

Unprofessional and Arrogant!

Posted on February 12th, 2013

This was my first appointment. I was there for a 2nd opinion for potential shoulder surgery. It became very clear soon after I arrived that the office staff did not have any of the requested MRI reports, referring doctor report, etc. No one seemed to mind as I waited 90 minutes for them to re-fax the MRI report. Finally, I met Dr. D for the 1st time. I told him that I was frustrated after waiting so long (90 minutes), and did he know what might have happened? He said "no"; it was apparent by his body language and his demeanor that WE WERE NOT going to have a conversation about this. When I probed further as to why this happened and could he find out he became very angry and said, "Do you want to talk about your shoulder or not?" Isn't the doctor's staff a DIRECT REFLECTION of the doctor? Shouldn't he be concerned? In addition, even though he didn't have the referring doctor's report, he gave his opinion. HOW CAN YOU GIVE AN OPINION WHEN YOU DON'T HAVE THE CORRECT INFORMATION? I found this doctor to be arrogant, aloof and unprofessional.

Amazing!

Posted on November 13th, 2012

I have experience with many doctors and am still blown away by Dr. Dounchis. His bedside manner was beyond exceptional. He spent plenty of time making sure I understood everything. He is familiar enough to make you feel relaxed and professional which makes you reassured. His diagnose was spot on and was not over eager to perform surgery. When knee surgery became necessary he did an amazing job. Scarring was minimal. The team he works with at Physicians Regional was also superb! After surgery he and his office were very supportive and continue to provide exceptional care.

Posted on July 28th, 2011

Dr Dounchis is a smart doctor, but he is not caring at all. He does not spend any time with his patients or take the time to explain diagnosis. I left his practice and went to another doctor who was very personable and took the time to talk to me

Either too busy or does not care

Posted on December 29th, 2010

My wife was scheduled to have 2 partial knee replacements, we learned 10 minutes before surgery (from another Doctor) that she was having 2 full knee replacements. Since we did not know that she was having total knee replacements, the appropriate follow up care had not been set up. We had to set up rehab and then had to go in for an emergency blood transfusion. My wife went 14 hours without any sort of pain medication despite 6 calls to Dr. Dounchis office. We did not receive any return phone calls from Dr. Dounchis or anyone from his office. There was NO visit, communication or follow up from Dr. Dounchis in spite of knowing all of the complications. I would not wish this type of care on my worst enemy. He may be a decent surgeon but it was obvious that he either doesn't care or is too busy.

more than i expected

Posted on December 3rd, 2010

dr dounchis operated on my shattered arm when some would not because this oxygen user can not have general anesthetic or sedation. he honored this synthetic allergic patients request for cotton sling, bandage, and tape. he cooperated with the ultra sound block numbing proposed by pulmonary dr howard cohen. he did not accept the statement by one medical proffesional - she is old (67) do not try to operate, put her in a nursing home on a morphine pump. thank you dr dounchis.

Posted on April 27th, 2010

i have read the other comments on Dr. Dounchis and I have to agree he is a great surgeon and a very kind ,passionate person which shows when he interacts with his patients. he has a great bedside manner. I would recommend him to anyone.His staff is also very good and a real asset to his practice.

GREAT DOCTOR

Posted on March 16th, 2010

ALL I CAN SAY HE IS A WONDERFUL DOCTORAND HE REALLY CARES FOR HIS PATIENTS.HE IS A GREAT SURGEON UP ON ALL THE NEW TECHNIQUES COMING OUT AND REALLY LOOKS AT YOU AS A PERSON WITH A PROBLEM AND READY TO FIND A FIX.