Dr. Jon Dounchis MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.8

August 1st, 2016
MR
Dr Dounchis performed a makoplasty on my rt knee in 2010 and I could not be happier-he did a fantastic job and I have a left knee giving me trouble now and I wish I still lived close enough to see him-a highly qualified Dr,and I found him to be very friendly.

January 21st, 2016
Patient
I thank everybody who wrote a "real" review about Dr. Dounchis. Reading your reviews saved me from an unnecessary operation (complete knee replacement), I got a second opinion at the last minute and It was shocking to me when I found out that I wasnt a candidate for a complete knee replacement or even partial replacement. I had my doubts about my operation and now I am very happy that i got a second opinion.

November 19th, 2015
He was abrupt and rude. He left the room while I was speaking to him, he did not explain to us what the injury was that my father was experiencing. He was dismissive and arrogant .

September 28th, 2015
caring ,wonderful , knowledge & kind to my wife

March 26th, 2015
Orthopedic surgeon
He's the best Docter that ever done Surgery on me,I would recommend him in a heartbeat! THANK YOU DR.DONCHUS AND STAFF

April 18th, 2014
April 2014
After completing three forms giving complete medical and Rx information and then waiting my turn he ordered an MRI. As I have pacemaker an MRI is out. He paid no attention to all the medical information. He was in too much of hurry. He is either motivated by greed or he is under pressure from NCH or someone to churn through as many patients as possible. In any event customers are taking an unnecessary risk going to this fellow.

January 14th, 2014
Patient
Dr. Dounchis is the worst!!! He gave my boyfriend unnecessary cortisone shot so he can make money off it. He did not bother to even look at his MRI, because if he had, he would have seen that there was no issue with the knee and would have referred us to a neurologist instead. His staff was rude and he was rude. We sought second opinion after our experience with Dr. Dounchis and the other orthopedic doctor refereed us to neurologist. He was pretty shocked after we told him what type of procedure Dr. Dounchis performed. So for those of you who like to be treated with respect and receive help, instead of being treated like a human ATM machine stay away from Dr. Dounchis.

February 12th, 2013
Unprofessional and Arrogant!
This was my first appointment. I was there for a 2nd opinion for potential shoulder surgery. It became very clear soon after I arrived that the office staff did not have any of the requested MRI reports, referring doctor report, etc. No one seemed to mind as I waited 90 minutes for them to re-fax the MRI report. Finally, I met Dr. D for the 1st time. I told him that I was frustrated after waiting so long (90 minutes), and did he know what might have happened? He said "no"; it was apparent by his body language and his demeanor that WE WERE NOT going to have a conversation about this. When I probed further as to why this happened and could he find out he became very angry and said, "Do you want to talk about your shoulder or not?" Isn't the doctor's staff a DIRECT REFLECTION of the doctor? Shouldn't he be concerned? In addition, even though he didn't have the referring doctor's report, he gave his opinion. HOW CAN YOU GIVE AN OPINION WHEN YOU DON'T HAVE THE CORRECT INFORMATION? I found this doctor to be arrogant, aloof and unprofessional.

November 13th, 2012
Amazing!
I have experience with many doctors and am still blown away by Dr. Dounchis. His bedside manner was beyond exceptional. He spent plenty of time making sure I understood everything. He is familiar enough to make you feel relaxed and professional which makes you reassured. His diagnose was spot on and was not over eager to perform surgery. When knee surgery became necessary he did an amazing job. Scarring was minimal. The team he works with at Physicians Regional was also superb! After surgery he and his office were very supportive and continue to provide exceptional care.

July 28th, 2011
Dr Dounchis is a smart doctor, but he is not caring at all. He does not spend any time with his patients or take the time to explain diagnosis. I left his practice and went to another doctor who was very personable and took the time to talk to me

December 29th, 2010
Either too busy or does not care
My wife was scheduled to have 2 partial knee replacements, we learned 10 minutes before surgery (from another Doctor) that she was having 2 full knee replacements. Since we did not know that she was having total knee replacements, the appropriate follow up care had not been set up. We had to set up rehab and then had to go in for an emergency blood transfusion. My wife went 14 hours without any sort of pain medication despite 6 calls to Dr. Dounchis office. We did not receive any return phone calls from Dr. Dounchis or anyone from his office. There was NO visit, communication or follow up from Dr. Dounchis in spite of knowing all of the complications. I would not wish this type of care on my worst enemy. He may be a decent surgeon but it was obvious that he either doesn't care or is too busy.

December 2nd, 2010
more than i expected
dr dounchis operated on my shattered arm when some would not because this oxygen user can not have general anesthetic or sedation. he honored this synthetic allergic patients request for cotton sling, bandage, and tape. he cooperated with the ultra sound block numbing proposed by pulmonary dr howard cohen. he did not accept the statement by one medical proffesional - she is old (67) do not try to operate, put her in a nursing home on a morphine pump. thank you dr dounchis.