Overall Review

3.4

September 26th, 2011
Dr. Floyd has been my fathers urologist for approximately 10 years. Not only do I appreciate his expertise as a surgeon but also his compassionate care through some delicate and difficult situations. He always kept our family informed as to my fathers condition and explained complex medical issues in a down to earth manner. This type of approach was critical in putting my extended family at ease throughout the years.

January 18th, 2010
A UROLOGIST TO AVOID!
Dr. Floyd has demonstrated what I consider to be the most dangerous quality in a specialist: A set of preconceived ideas that he refuses to let go of even when all the facts contradict what he thinks he knows. Read as much as you want of my story to get a sense of why you should stay away from this "urologist"... At my recent appointment, I began by reporting that my doctor had noted, in each of his recent digital rectal exams, that I had an enlarged prostate, and that he had assessed it as BPH. Dr. Floyd immediately dismissed his observations by saying, You dont have an enlarged prostate, and went on to say that he knew this because, 42 year olds just dont have enlarged prostates. Dr. Floyd never did an exam to assess for himself what the facts were. He was just sure that 42 year olds never have enlarged prostates, and so I must not. I did a little research when I got home, and found that the National Association For Continence states, The prostate usually remains the same size for many years but may begin growing again, and cause problems by age 40. Andrew Weil notes, BPH affects about 10% of men under the age of 40, and Harvard Health Publications states that, When a man reaches his 40s, the prostate goes through a second growth spurt, and suggests the incidence of BPH to be a bit under 10% for men in their 30s-early 40s. It gets worse. Harvard Health Publications cites the following 3 symptoms as being classic symptoms of BPH: Difficulty starting to urinate Continuing to dribble after urination A feeling that you have not completely emptied your bladder These are the exact 3 symptoms I reported to Dr. Floyd every time I saw him, as being the 3 symptoms I most consistently experience. Instead he dismissed the idea of BPH and gave me ENABLEX, even though I do not have urgency, leaks, or accidents the key symptoms that ENABLEX would treat (for an overactive bladder). I looked up ENABLEX, and their web site specifically says, Do not take ENABLEX if you have trouble emptying your bladder which I do. I pointed all this out to Dr. Floyd in a letter and offered him 10 days to reply to this letter, before I would publish any online reviews, if he wanted to try to explain: - Why he insisted, with blind certainty, that 42 year olds never have enlarged prostates, when the literature on BPH clearly and consistently disagrees. - Why he was so certain about the size of an individuals prostate when he had never conducted a basic exam of his own. - Why he would be so dismissive of a diagnosis, made by another doctor who has conducted actual exams, that happens to match all the key symptoms the patient is reporting. Not surprisingly, my letter went unanswered. Dr. Floyd: Not just incompetent, but also a coward.