Dr. Jon Gehrke MD Patient Reviews

• Orthopedic Surgery West Des Moines, IA

May 18th, 2016
Great Doctor
Would use him over and over for a foot doctor. He got my ankle diagnosis and fixed. Where another doctor told me something way off then what it really was

January 13th, 2016
Mrs.
He is the BEST, he operated on both of my knees (one at a time) and was very caring. He did my first operation on my right knee, after he was up all night passing a bladder stone!!!!! Now if that isn't dedication I don't know what is. He is the best and will be there for you when you need him. THAT is a true doctor. Sometimes his bedside manner may seem off to some, but it isn't. He has a lot on his mind and sometimes may be a little starchy but, he does not mean to be. The GREATEST.

August 29th, 2015
Dr. Gherke was Rude, insensative, & offered no suggestion to help our 9 year old!
We had a 9 year old who was kicked in the shin guard at soccer practice. We had been to th ER however he was in excruciating pain any time we tried to move him. He would have a blood curdling scream and say it hurts or stop twisting it, ect. Not what my husband or I thought was normal by any means. We were to see another Dr. for follow up however he was in surgery & had asked Dr. Gherke to see him. He basically threw up the xray & said "doesn't need screws ir plate and that the shirt leg cast he was in was what he needed to be in. We explained the amount of pain he was in & how he said it felt like the wait of the cast was pulling his break apart & if we tried to hold it it felt like we were twisting the break. He said that a long leg cast would just make it worse & that it sounded like a "PARENTING ISSUE TO HIM"! I am not sure how your 9 year olds pain & discomfort from hisbroken leg equals a parenting issue on our part. There were no recommendations à to how to help alleviate or control his pain. His answer again was "a parenting issue". He was probably right on the fact that the fact the long leg cast wouldn't help, however insulting both my husband and by saying his pain had anything to do with a parenting. Talk about not just no bed side manner, he was rude, inconsiderate, & quite arrogant. We were incredibly disappointed & frustrated in the fact that he offered no şugestion to help our son who wad in Alot of pain.

March 31st, 2015
I trust him with my ankles and my life
I trust him with my life. He has operated on both ankles and both knees. If he says it needs to be done, it needs to be done and he will absolutely, positively do it to the best of his ability. One of my ankles went wrong. It took 7 years to go bad; considering it was originally either that surgery or amputation, 7 years was great. Now the state of the art allows him to do revision surgery, and I can hardly wait to get into the hospital.