A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Jon Nielsen:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 3.5 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Jon Nielsen is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Jon Nielsen, MD is board certified in Obstetrics & Gynecology.
- He has special expertise in 3 areas:
- Hot Flashes
- Minimally Invasive Surgical Procedures
Education & Awards
Dr. Nielsen graduated from University of Minnesota, Twin Cities, Minneapolis.
Dr. Nielsen has 2 hospital affiliations:
- North Memorial Medical Center
- Maple Grove Hospital
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Nielsen accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- Aetna - 2 plans
- HealthPartners - 8 plans
- United Healthcare - 12 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Minnesota - 6 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 2 plans
- Medica Health Plans - 18 plans
- Wellmark Blue Cross Blue Shield - 1 plan
- Cigna - 3 plans
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Jon S. Nielsen practice?
Dr. Jon Nielsen practices Obstetrics & Gynecology near Minneapolis, MN.
Additional practice locations include: Osseo, MN.
See Minneapolis Obstetricians & Gynecologists.