Dr. Jon Orjala DO Patient Reviews

4.7

• Good
  • Bad

February 11th, 2017
Very kind, patient, and found my problem
Having left shoulder pain for almost 2 years and being told I only have arthritis was very frustrating. Saw an Orthodox surgeon and he just sent me to do physical therapy. It didn't help at all. Was referred to Dr. Orjala. He took an xray and gently examined my shoulder. I have a tear in rotator cuff and shoulder is dropping. Will be scheduling surgery soon. He was very patient and kind and not in a hurry. You don't find many good docs like him anymore.

March 19th, 2016
Dr O' is Awesome
I was able to get same day referral same day appt.

January 3rd, 2016
I hope his malpractice insurance is paid up and current.

October 15th, 2015
4 Star
Excellent surgeon, good report with family to explain surgery procedure.

April 29th, 2015
3rd member of my family to have the privilege of having him as a doctor. Would rather not go, but if have to see a doctor, Dr. Orjala will be my choice. And Vance is awesome.

July 30th, 2013
PAIN-FREE FOR 5 YEARS! GOD BLESS THIS MAN

November 28th, 2012
EXCELLENT orthopedic surgeon!
After 6 months of torn right rotator cuff pain due to slipping from an icy curb, I went to see Dr. Orjala, having heard that he was known for his patients having less-than-expected post-op pain. He quickly and accurately diagnosed and then wonderfully repaired the problem. I was highly impressed with the following: 1) The kind, professional and knowledgeable demeanor of Dr. Orjala and his staff; 2) the IV nurse first PAINLESSLY injected a tiny amount of numbing medication, and I literally felt neither it nor the IV stick. Having much experience starting IV's at a surgical orthopedic hospital in another city, I was DELIGHTED and wanted their 'recipe'! 3) I suffered far-less-than-expected pain after the Tuesday surgery, and though provided plenty of pain medication, 2 days later I found that Tylenol sufficed while I drove myself the 2 hours back to my home (shifting gears using my LEFT hand :^) ; and on Saturday, just 4 days after surgery, I returned to work! taking only Tylenol, Aleve and / or Motrin for pain. It was WELL worth the drive to be under the care of a superior surgeon, and I consider Dr. Jon Orjala to be 'The Best'. Now I've been pain free for a long time, and I attribute it all to how God used his expert knowledge and highly-advanced skill to bring about healing. THANK you, Dr. Orjala!

September 9th, 2012
Thanks to Dr. Jon Orjala
As a result of a stroke I lost the use of my right arm and hand. After a period of time using only my left hand, two of my finger at the first joint began to turn out and became painful to use. In addition Dr Orjala discovered that I also had a torn ligament in my left wrist which affected the use of my thumb.Dr. Orjala was very gentle while he examined my hand. He carefully explained what was happening. He then told me what he could do. He immediately scheduled the surgery to fix the fingers. He straightened the fingers and put a pin in each so that they would not return to the bent situation. At the same time he repaired the ligament in my wrist.After the operation he checked me over carefully and sent me home. He kept in touch to make sure all was well. After 6 week in a brace, he removed the brace and I was able to use the hand immediately.Thank You Dr. Orjala, you are a marvelous surgeon. I would recommend Dr. Orjala without reservation.

September 6th, 2012
Well worth the wait
You may spend a little longer in Dr. Orjala's office but the payoff comes when it's your turn to be treated by this excellent surgeon. I saw Dr. Orjala for unresolved knee pain over a year after I'd had surgery by anther orthopedic surgeon. MRI's showed that I had a medial meniscal tear which was the same condition that was supposed to have been fixed during my surgery from the other orthopod Dr. Orjala patiently answered all of our questions, never once appearing impatient (or looking at his watch) as I had come to expect from my previous orthopod. Dr. Orjala's team was quick to get my surgery scheduled and now for the first time in over two years, I am finally enjoying pain free living. Be prepared to spend some extra time at Dr. Orjala's office. No doubt, he's giving the same excellent care to the patients in front of you that he's going to give to you. For my part, I'll invest a little extra time in the office for a lifetime of relief.

September 5th, 2012
EXCELLENT orthopedic surgeon!

July 19th, 2012
Dr. Orjala took care of my dad after being run over by a tractor. Dad went to a University physician who said nothing was wrong with his arm and to wait eight weeks and come back. My dad was in constant pain and was losing function in his hand. Dr. Orjala's office was quick to get dad in. During the exam, Dr. Orjala was extremely thorough, while treating dad in a kind manner and listening to him when he spoke.He ordered x-rays and an MRI which showed dad had two shoulder tears, a problem with his elbow, two wrist tears and two tears in his hand. Dr. Orjala's staff was again quick to get dad scheduled for surgery. His team of nurses and support staff were so kind and caring, helping dad get surgery scheduled, as well as deliver and set up the proper equipment for therapy he needed after surgery. We had complete confidence in Dr. Orjala while dad was in surgery. After over eight hours, Dr. Orjala came and showed us pictures of what was fixed on dad's arm and hand, again kindly answering our questions. Dad's arm is healing beautifully due to the skills and professionalism of Dr. Orjala and his staff. Because of Dr. Orjala's sweet spirit and excellent bedside manner, my dad not only considers him an his surgeon but friend.

May 29th, 2012
Decent Doc, terrible time manager
Terrible time manager. Consistently not seen until at least an hour after after your scheduled time. Good doc once you see him except for follow ups where he tends to dismiss that their is any remaining pain that can't be taken care of by working out.Not recommend unless there is no else available.