Dr. Jon Parks MD Patient Reviews

3.4

• Good
  • Bad

June 20th, 2017
Thankful I didn't trust the negative reviews,
I read the negative reviews about Dr. Parks, but decided to make my on opinion. I am glad I did. The women at the front desk were nice and helpful. The medical assistant and PA we're awesome. Dr. Parks was wonderful. He told me everything that he was going to and chatted with me through the whole procedure.

May 4th, 2017
No help
No one has taken the time to talk to me before or after my treatments. Treatments that have not worked at all.

September 7th, 2016
Don't go there...
Although the shots did eventually help, the doctors were only present during the shot itself. Instead, all appointments were handled by the PA. My PA, Lien Graham pegged me as a drug addict from the beginning. I really though once she reviewed the x-rays and saw that I was not faking the pain that she would try and be a bit nicer. It was so bad that even when one of the shot areas became infected, she refused to see me. I ended up going back to my regular doctor to get something fixed that they caused. If you are in real pain, being treated as sub-human is not what I would recommend for anyone. Even when I asked Dr. Parks in my last shot session about it, he did not believe that anyone on his staff would make an assumption about someone's level of pain OR would not provide vital information needed to help with the process of getting better. Awful place.

August 28th, 2016
Never present during any vsits always nurse, poor treatment options that did not work, no alternatives available through him...
Wow... After "seeing" Dr. Jon Parks office over a period of time, he came in once maybe twice and when we asked to see him during our visits, he would always have his nurse come in - never saw him, he would walk by our room, glance in as he hurried past... Also - older (90's-ish) technology and very limited treatment options, shot, implant, painkiller... Where were the pain patches, the stimulator attached to the spine, different steroids, etc. for injections, or different nerve shots trigger poiint injections, etc., etc.... none were offered and when asked they said they did not do those... How incompetent can you get...

January 21st, 2016
Will continue to go back. Very happy

April 29th, 2015
Good Experience
First time going for epidurals and I was very impressed with the care and the knowledge of the PA and staff. I was always given adequate answers to my questions and feel very comfortable with Dr. Parks. I would recommend them.

April 16th, 2015
throw out
i been on pain med for 12 years i been in pain clinic in Nebraska for 9 years and in Georgia for almost two and had no problem move to Kansas and went there i broke my wrist and the pa told me to take more of the fast action pain med for the pain but never change my prescription so i was out of sooner and i was going to talk to the pa but never had a chance and i never been to pain clinic that gave you cup to pee in and sent you to the bathroom when you done you put it in a swing door i do not know who pee they tested but it was not mine they told me i had no drug in my system and let me go i think about calling medicare to let them know about and i never so a doctor and my doctor call to see if they would see me again they told him no and that they talk to all they talk to everyone before they let them go if you call we will not see you no more a counsel
Doctor's Response

At Advanced Pain Medicine Associates, our goal is to provide safe and high-quality care to all of our patients. We regret to read your description of your experience. To allow us to address your concern, please call our office manager at 316-942-4519 extension 207. We encourage all patients to be active participants in their care and to make informed decisions about their providers. Advanced Pain Medicine Associates' team of professionals are available to help you make these important decisions.

March 26th, 2015
In severe pain
My pain issues were not addressed, even though I have volumes of documentation and was treated by Dr Parks PA years ago. Never met a Dr yet. The PA is the gate keeper. I expected to be seen by a real Dr.

February 11th, 2015
Love. Love. Dr Parks and his wonderful staff!
I have been struggling with chronic pain for years, I felt that Dr. Parks really listened and made me feel at ease. The epidural I received has decreased my pain significantly. His staff was very informative and professional. Very impressed.

January 31st, 2015
I think he's in it for the money
Referred to Dr Parks and Dr Scott for chronic pain that has affected every part of my body. It does not target joints or anywhere specific, yet all they want to do is injections! They have no problem milking your insurance dry doing what I've been told were completely useless injections. WHY DO NUMEROUS INJECTIONS WHEN MY JOINTS AREN'T EVEN AFFECTED?You got your MRIs, xrays and all the tests and still want to do injections in my joints that are completely normal? Then they turn around and say I wouldn't benefit from pain medication when the injections do nothing for me. They are in it for the easy money and I believe most of these reviews are fake. The P.A. Rita Simpson is another story.. Rude and uncaring. Not spending anymore of my time talking about her. *front staff is great though!*
Doctor's Response

December 19th, 2013
DO NOT PAY ATTENTION TO THE BAD REVIEWS!!!
I was astounded when I read the horrible reviews some people left on here! I've been a patient at that practice for 4 years now and have always felt like my care came first. Bedside manner and Unless you're a drug seeker and a scammer trying to get everything you can without paying a dime you shouldn't be disappointed with that clinic. Their billing office is great about working with you and your insurance, and their doctors, pa's and office staff are well trained and knowledgeable. I've seen other pain "doctors" in Wichita and they refuse to do ANY follow up on you and blindly stick you with needles. Good luck to the downers on here finding anyone else to feed your habits.

October 7th, 2013
As a RN, I was very hesitant when my husband was referred to Dr Parks. I guess I was uneducated about what he was going to do. I thought it was a "bandaid" and I wanted my husband fixed. After meeting with the PA and having ALL my questions answered, I was so much more at ease. She spent a lot of time with us. We waited an additional hour for the procedure. Normally this would have irritated me but watching the interaction between staff and patients was so enjoyable. The staff were friendly and courteous; even when it would be hard to be friendly. I left there wanting to apply for a job to be part of their team. It was a great experience that I will share with my friends, family and patients.