Ophthalmologists
10777 W Twain Ave
Ste 150
Las Vegas, NV 89135
(702) 948-2010
Locations and availability (1)

2.5

• Currently 2.7741935483871 of 4 stars
Some ratings provided by CitySearch.
 |  Monovision patient  |  show details
by Ralph DelPrete on Aug 29th, 2014

I had a great experience..!! Each and everyone of the staff was very professional...! Dr. Siems was the best!! He gave me what I wanted I don't need reading glasses anymore I am so excited..!!(: The only thing is monovision might not be for everybody it takes time patience and the right attitude I am two weeks out and I will write another review in the next 30 days so far so good very happy.. I have 2020 vision.. Gets better and better every day...

|  Surgical counselor/enforcer  |  show details
by Joanna Doe on Aug 28th, 2014

I would like to remain anonymous for this review because I am still having to go back to this doctor for my follow up care after my Lasik procedure I had recently. I'm not so much complaining about my surgery or the doctor. After they did my initial exam at my first visit to see if I was a candidate, they sent me into this office to see the surgical counselor who's name is Mia. Surgical counselor is a term I would use loosely because she seemed to have no clue about anything having to do with lasik. Her only concern was bullying me into paying that day. The funny thing is, I came in prepared to pay $3600 for my procedure which was the cost I was quoted over the phone. If she had only been able to answer a few questions I had about surgery and talk to me like a human being I would have paid $3600 for my surgery instead of the $3000 I ended up spending. She was so interested in getting me to pay that day by any means necessary. I honestly felt like I was on lthe show "Let's make a deal" but with a host that reminded me of the bully in grade school that used to steal kids lunch money. The funny thing is in all her bullying I ended up paying $600 less then I walked in intending to spend. That's probably the only reason I didn't complain about her to management or run out the door right then and there. I wouldn't even be writing this review about her if she hadn't made me feel completely bulldozed and obligated to do as she said. Not what I was expecting in a healthcare setting.

|  BEST decision EVER!  |  show details
by Mannie on Feb 27th, 2014

Ok guys I have read some of the reviews on this site and I can't believe what I'm reading. After many years of considering Lasik surgery I did my homework and shopped a few different Lasik centers before picking Dr Siems and his amazing support staff and let me tell you I couldn't be happier with my decision and outcome. I went to three different offices and after the gimmicks and pricing sheets I was present I often felt like I was at a car dealership picking out options. At Dr Siems office they presented me with only two options and that was it! It was simple, did I want traditional lasik surgery or custom? None of this add on stuff about special testing for dryness, plugs, DNA testing, life time warranties, ect. (Which if you look at the price of the procedures it looks like they have up-charged for that stuff in advance) Also life time warranty my butt! Read your contract carefully the other place was still charging me if I needed anything else done later done the road or if I didn't do all my follow ups within a certain time frame it would void out my warranty. Really! At Siems it clearly stated the price of needing anything done down the road and the counselor even reviewed that with me. I don't know what everyone is complaining about when it clearly tells you in your consent paperwork. THANK YOU Dr Siems and to your amazing support staff. I had my surgery done for over a year now and prior to that I couldn't even read the big E on the eye chart. Thanks to you I can proudly say I now see 20/20 and I cried when I had the restriction taken off my driver license.

|  Honestly, VERY impressed...  |  show details
by Tom Delancey on Feb 27th, 2014

Hey guys, Not sure why there are so many single star ratings for this practice?! ...I've been to a few Lasik centers & this was BY FAR the best experience I've had. Dr. Siems & his staff were professional & went above & beyond to make my experience perfect. Save your time & your health. When it comes to your eye sight, go see this guy!

|  patient  |  show details
Feb 26th, 2014

Freedom from years of hassling with glasses & contacts PRICELESS!! I am so thankful Dr. Siems had the confidence & expertise to create a vision I never knew existed. The surgery was quick and painless. Dr. Siems and his staff were courteous and personable and made me feel so comfortable I knew I was in the right place and in the best care. Thank you Dr. Siems for my visual freedom!!! I highly recommend Siems Lasik

|  Great experience  |  show details
by Kristine W. on Feb 26th, 2014

I went to Dr. Siems because I was tired of wearing glasses and I wanted Lasik. The staff there was great. They made me feel completely comftorable. Dr. Siems was really helpful and funny. I had what they call custom lasik. It's been a month and no glasses. Seeing better than ever. Thank you to Dr. Siems and his staff.

|  patient  |  show details
by Bruce B. on Feb 26th, 2014

Excellent surgeon! Excellent results! Can never thanl you enough Dr. Siems.

|  Be careful  |  show details
by Feedback on Oct 3rd, 2013

Read your contract carefully, these people will get you to pay quickly, one they have your money, you are done!!!

|  Worst experience with a medical professional ever!  |  show details
Apr 7th, 2013

After leaving this doctors office I felt it absolutely necessary to write a review. Not only is he unprofessional, arrogant, and rude his staff is also meets his exact caliber. I have gone to other consultations since I have seen Dr. Siems only to be told that the costly procedure he was trying to sell was unnecessary. After reading everyone's else's reviews I cannot understand why this person is still in business. Your vision is nothing you should take lightly. Take my advice and go somewhere else.

May 10th, 2012

I WAS ABOUT BLIND WHEN I WENT TO HIS OFFICE, NOW I CAN SEE FAR SIDED AND NEARSIDED. 25/25 VISION, I ABSOLUTELY LOVE THIS DR

|  I can SEE!  |  show details
Mar 22nd, 2012

I had the worst eye sight and hated wearing contacts and thick glasses. Dr Simes did my surgery over 7 years ago. I just had my yearly exam with a new Dr. ( I no linger live in Las Vegas) and I am still at 20/20. I am 54 years old and got the mono vision. It is fantastic to be able to see like this at this age! Congrats Dr. Siems...you ROCK!

|  Stay Away From this Man!  |  show details
Apr 25th, 2011

My experience with Dr. Siems should be a lesson for anyone considering doing this surgery. I was told by another doctor that at my age lasik should not be a consideration. Unfortunately for me, I didn't listen and chose to get a second opinion with Dr. Siems. He scoffed at the idea that I wasn't a candidate even before I was fully examined and then told me that I was a "great" candidate and would have an excellent outcome. Well, needless to say, my vision has been ruined by Dr. Siems and now he doesn't want to take any responsibility unless I pay additional fees to have it fixed. He is not a caring doctor and is only interested in the money. Be smarter than me and stay away!

|  Poor experience  |  show details
by Nicole691 at Citysearch on Feb 28th, 2011 on citysearch.com

Dr. Siems didn`t do me justice. The PRK results are not good for me. My near vision got worse and my far vision has improved but still not 2020. It has been 1 yr since the surgery.

Read Full Review at citysearch.com
 |  not honorable  |  show details
Feb 6th, 2011

He said my surgery was all cost included and then he said he needed to redo it (a "tweak") but was going to charge me anyway.

|  Dr Siems ruined my eye  |  show details
Oct 27th, 2010

Thanks to Dr Siems my right eye is permanently damaged. He performed Lasik, and afterwards my vision was worse than before. He proceeded to misdiagnose his botched job and did two additional procedures, lifting the corneal flap and scraping the eyeball (once without anesthesia because his nurse didn't think necessary--Yes, I'm serious!) Finally a corneal specialist told me the problem was that my cornea was too stepp and irregular, caused only by Lasik! And don't even dare to question Dr Siems either, because he will smugly show you the release form that you signed before the Lasik procedure.

Oct 14th, 2010

I was very happy with my Lasik. Dr. Siems was nice to me and spent time answering my questions. His office was professional and I would recommend him to my friends and family.

|  Lasik followup  |  show details
Sep 9th, 2010

I had procedure done several years ago from another doctor and was referred to Dr. Siems to to reevaluate. I'm very happy with Dr. Siems. I would definately recommend him.

|  Lasik procedure  |  show details
Aug 28th, 2010

I'm very happy with my procedure. Dr. Siems and his staff were nice and the office is easy to find.

|  Great Result with Lasik  |  show details
by S. Garrison on Aug 9th, 2010

I am very happy with my lasik procedure. Dr. Siems and his staff were helpful and made the experience a pleasant one for me. I would definitely recommend D.r Siems. Thank you.

|  Happy with my Lasik  |  show details
by April Harrison on Jul 21st, 2010

I was so scared but my husband convinced me to at least speak to a lasik doctor and I was referred to Dr. Siems. He spent time with me and explained everything to me. I decided to proceed and I'm glad I did. There was nothing to fear and now I can see. Dr. Siems was very nice to me. Don't fear having lasik like I did. I'm so happy and I love not wearing glasses.

|  Thinking about Lasik? DO IT!!!!!  |  show details
Jul 14th, 2010

I was nervous about the procedure but Dr. Siems made me feel so comfortable!The staff reassured me and made me feel calm. The after care was easy to understand and I knew if I had questions I could call at anytime. I'm incredibly pleased and incredibly pleased with my vision! THANK YOU to Dr. Siems and his staff for the entire experience! I'm a fan forever and I HIGHLY recommend you!

|  PATIENTS BEWARE!  |  show details
by Patient No Longer on Jul 13th, 2010

I had lasik surgery back in 2004 with Dr. Siems and was very pleased with my result. His staff at that time was excellent although I found him to be extremely arrogant and cocky. The counselor I spoke with was fantastic and she explained the entire procedure with accuracy and professionalism. I promised my daughter that when she was old enough, we would have her eyes fixed and what a mistake that was. Six years later, the doctor was still arrogant and disrespectful, however, this time around the counselor I had previously was gone and in her place was a staff member that only knew how to take the money and couldn't explain anything about the surgery. When I asked to speak to the doctor, I was told he was too busy (there was no one in the office)and he didn't even have the courtesy to poke his head in the room and say hello. Needless to say, we left the office without scheduling the surgery and now my daughter is having second thoughts about going anywhere else. This man should not be in practice and from the lack of patients in his office, perhaps that will be sooner than later. Dr. Siems has no compassion and only cares about the money. Bad news for a doctor!

by Informed Patient on Jul 13th, 2010

Like so many others have said, avoid this doctor at all costs. Dr. Siems has no consideration for his patients and he is all about the money. There was a time when the technology he used was superior to other LASIK offices but that is no longer true. My experience with him was awful and I could see through his slimy exterior and chose to go elsewhere for my procedure. I can't believe he is still practicing medicine...he is better suited to sellingused cars!

|  Beyond Belief  |  show details
by Citysearch User on May 20th, 2010 on insiderpages.com

I am very thankful for Dr. Siems and all he did for me and my family. My 16 year old son and myself had Lasik done and can`t thank them enou...

|  Wow!  |  show details
by Citysearch User on May 20th, 2010 on insiderpages.com

I have been a teacher for over 20 years. All my family wears glasses and I wore them too. I had friends who had Lasik surgery performed on t...

|  Eye Can See!!!  |  show details
by Citysearch User on May 20th, 2010 on insiderpages.com

The operation was phenomenal!!! I was really nervous about having the procedure done and I have large pupils, so I didnt think I was a prope...

|  Happy patient  |  show details
by Citysearch User on May 20th, 2010 on insiderpages.com

I had PRK a few weeks ago and today I see 2020. Aside for the first two weeks being somewhat uncomfortable the experience overall as been g...

|  Sleazy  |  show details
Jan 20th, 2010

everything was great, until he tried to pull a fast one with my insurance, not providing them with info after forcing my wife to take out a finance on an emergency surgery instead of using our insurance, as well as he tried to file two claims for the same surgery with our insurance. The insurance company is upset and now trying to press charges for what he is doing. I did not list a lot of details behind what he did for legal issues but he is sleazy.

Jan 12th, 2010

Extremely long wait time to see him although the office wasn't busy. Staff is incompetent and unfriendly.Was initially going in to have a procedure done but the staff was so awful, the wait so long and the information provided so lacking I decided to go someplace else.I'd suggest avoiding Siems.

|  Horrible  |  show details
Jan 4th, 2010

I had my lasik done in 2008 and ended up with 20/40 and dry eyes! Service was horrible, they rushed through the entire process. I saw the doctor for like 5 minutes. When I asked at the time, I was told that enhancements would cost $150 per eye, but that's was a lie.My doctors told me I can easily get 20/20 vision, so I called to see if I can scheduled an enhancement. Called back and they told me I have to pay $100 exam fee, and $500 per eye!!! What a bad business. Lied about the enhancement costs, horrible service!Also, I now have severe dry eye problems, which I never had before the surgery!All I can say is bad doctor, bad service. No character and integrity...all they care about is money!!!

|  Another disappointed patient  |  show details
by Citysearch User on Dec 10th, 2009 on insiderpages.com

I had monovision in 2007 and have had nothing but complications and problems since. I am out of pocket over $4000.00 for this nightmare. I r...

|  Dr Siems is all about himself  |  show details
by Citysearch User on Nov 19th, 2009 on insiderpages.com

I had a very bad experience with Dr Siems. He convinced me to have a lens implant, since my prescription is very high...I ended up with mono...

|  Siems - Doesn't Keep Promises!  |  show details
Sep 24th, 2009

I went and had a Lasik treatment, was "Consulted" which is code for Sales in the Lasik world, by Dr. Siems brother. A promise of free "touch-up or enhancement" was made by the brother. I had the surgery. All went well, except my right eye only got to 20-30, not 20-20 like my left. Not bad, but after over $3500, 20-20 for both would have been nice. Call back to make an enhancement appointment, and I am told the brother was fired for making discounts or "deals" he shouldn't have. Understandable. Then told I must pay additional $250 for the touch-up. Money not the object problem here, CHARACTER and INTEGRITY are. Just amazed that this Dr. in this economic client, would chose to upset a patient, instead of being honorable and fulfilling the promises made by one of his employees.

|  Siems Advanced Lasik & Surgery is robbing people BLIND  |  show details
by Citysearch User on Jun 15th, 2009 on insiderpages.com

I had my first surgery in 2005. I was good for 2 years and things began to fall apart. My vision was blurry and I had halos even with read...

|  No proper screening and damaged my eyes-AVOID SIEMS  |  show details
by Halos on Feb 24th, 2009

Dr Siems rushed me through screening without even seeing me personally! He and his staff did not screen for obvouis issues like large pupils and i ended up with damaged vision-have prk instead and make sure you are screened by at least two diff doctors

|  Lasik Complications  |  show details
by Citysearch User on Feb 9th, 2009 on insiderpages.com

I had my surgery back in Dec 2007 and ever since then I`ve been suffering from halos, ghosting, and star-burst at night. My vision is okay i...