A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Jon Thompson:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Jon Thompson is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Thompson
Metastatic Melanoma Patient Education Learn all about metastatic melanoma symptoms and treatments by reading Vitals patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Thompson Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. Jon Thompson, MD is board certified in Surgery and Surgical Critical Care.
- He has special expertise in 14 areas:
- Body Weight
- Gastrointestinal Surgery
- Heart Transplantation
- Intestinal Diseases
- Intestinal Obstruction
- Kidney Transplant (Renal Transplant)
- Laproscopic Surgery (Laparoscopy)
- Pancreatic Cancer
- Restorative Proctocolectomy
- Short Bowel Syndrome
- Ulcerative Colitis
- Wilms Tumor
Education & Awards
Dr. Thompson graduated from University of Colorado, Denver. He has 4 awards.
Dr. Thompson has 1 hospital affiliations:
- The Nebraska Medical Center
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Jon S Thompson MD is a male Surgeon, has 36 years of experience and practices in Surgery and Surgical Critical Care.
- Where does Dr. Jon S. Thompson practice?
- Dr. Jon Thompson has 1 office location.
Dr. Jon Thompson practices Surgery and Surgical Critical Care near Omaha, NE.
See Omaha Surgeons.