Dr. Jon White MD Patient Reviews

• Orthopedic Surgery of the Spine Irvine, CA

August 27th, 2014
Terrible Surgeon
Dr. Jon White performed a two level cervical fusion on me in 1996. The surgery took approximately 7 hours, much to long, and I have in Pain Management since then. He messed up my nervous system. I have been taking OxyContin for 17 years. He caused my body to go into Chronic Pain. I left the hospital in pain and am now take Lyrica. Due to his very poorly done surgery. Thank God I have a great Pain Management Doctor who understands. Dr. White made my life miserable. Find a very Neurosurgeon and

July 26th, 2013
Forensic Architect
I cannot recommend this doctor. I had a severe lumbar spinal stenonis (3/4/5) He recommended surgery right away using a newer hardware that was much less invasive than the standard fusion. I agreed. SIx hours before the surgery my insurance informed me that they would not cover this surgery. The office staff dropped the ball on this due diligence. I was ready to cancel the procedure, but the doctor called and basically pressured me into doing it because all was set. HE said he would do it in such a way that would be great....ha ha. Instead of 4 hours in surgery I was in for 8.5 hours. Instead of a six inch incision in front and back, thy were almost a foot long and the incision in the stomach looked like a hack had done it. after 18 months it is still jorrible and unacceptable to me for modern surgery. Furthermor, they sent me home from e hospital after only three nights. I didn't even have my first bowel movement. My buddy who went in the same day for his knee wasn't realesed for 5 days, until after his bowel movement. This was the most pain of the whole ordeal, the first bowel movement. The Dr.'s follow up was very minimal, he never really asked about things like the bowel movent stuff, he left it to the nurses, they left it to the technicians. I found it ridiculous that while in intensive care at a top hospital like Hoag, 95% of the care is done by techs, not RN's. Afterwards I had many problems (still do) from the surgery, IE: numb hands, sitting, rup†eed achilles tendon, elimnination issues, sex issues, it is endless. to make matters worse, the Dr. was very reluctant to keep me on disability. they did not like to do the paperwork, and he would talk to me about it, he would just rush out of the exam room when I need to update him. I beleive that he did not want to admit that the surgery was less that fully succesfull. Yes, I can walk without pain in my back, but there are twenty new problems i never had before, some are permanent. I am still on disabilty, trying to get SSDI. The office has been less than helpfull. Early on I had checked into the laser spine institute as an alternative to the fusion. When I mentioned this to the Dr. White he dismissed it as not a viable alternative. This is what pro golfers use to maintain the careers. I wish I had done laser surgery instead. I life rest of my life †rying to recover from is big mistake. I don't trust Hoag orthopeadic group, nor the hospital.

June 21st, 2013
Great experience with Dr. White
I am flabbergasted about all of these negative reviews. Dr. White successfully did a L4-L5 microdiskectomy on me last week and it brough instant relief from what was some significant sciatic pain. I didn't ask him to hold my hand and promise me a rose garden, but I found his bedside manner to be just fine. He patiently answered all of my questions and gave me a thorough explanation of the surgery and what I could expect post-op. After the surgery he fielded questions I had about minor pain when I called his office and in the post-op visits to his office, he was cordial and again willingly answered all questions I had. From all that I gathered by those in the field, he is very highly regarded and consistently does great work. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend him to family and friends.

May 11th, 2013
4th 5th & 6th cervicle fusion
He is a great surgeon! If you don't want your hand held and just want the best here is your guy. He explains everything and is very too the point. JUST what I like in a surgeon.

February 1st, 2013
Detached, harsh, intol
This doctor's surgical technique may be good, but he is abrupt, arrogant, immature, so I'd wonder about his judgement. He'd ask generalized questions, but then would demand brief, concise answers. He showed minimal interest in my medical problems, but took the time to talk about side issues. I found him unpredictable. If I'm going under the knife, this is not the surgeon I'd want.

September 3rd, 2012
Dr. White did a lumbar fusion/lumbar laminectomy for me. His diagnosis was excellent, the surgery was complex and I am able to do things I haven't been able to for years. I am no longer on pain meds four months after the surgery.Dr. White is no nonsense, not chatty and focused on fixing the problem. He did that for me so I'll go without a Doctor who wants to chat. He gave me a great quality of life again and I'm an older woman.Highly recommend.

November 6th, 2009
egomaniac DIVA
Unprofessional, full of himself, dramatic diva, lack of concern or compassion of other's time. " I'M A SURGEON!!!" are his words to explain his actions. Honestly! Receptionist not much better. Everyone in waiting room was complaining about length of waiting time, which was 1.5 hours OR MORE. They do not call patient ahead of time to notify of delay. One young man finally got up and explained to receptionist that he had been there 1.5 hours already, and explained "some of us have jobs". Response was lackluster & unsympathetic. I would not trust him cutting me with a scalpel. Huge "better than thou" attitude. Suggestion: save yourself the grief & waiting time...find another Dr.

June 7th, 2009