Dr. Jonas Gopez MD Patient Reviews

• Neurological Surgery Abington, PA

3.8

December 18th, 2014
He was my doctor a few years back and I was good as new afterwards.

March 13th, 2014
Reviews Don't Lie
Prior to making the appointment I read the reviews posted on this forum. Despite my gut instinct I made the appointment hoping to get resolution sooner than later. When making the appoint ment I was told that a medical history packet was being mailed to me and must be completed prior to my appointment. I am still waiting for the mailed packet. I spent atleast 25 minutes in the waiting room, then another 10 after being taken to the exam room to be seen. Finally the PA came in. She explained that she would take some background information and complete a few tests. She was very professional. She explained that my xrays did show partical fusing of the vertebrae and arthiritis, confirming what the Ortho doctor had told me 3 weeks earlier. She left the room to discuss the treatment plan with Dr Gopez. Dr Gopez enters the room with a "Hey Dr Gopez, how are ya?" Not the greeting I would have expected for a new patient. He states that the MRI did not show anything that was not normal. Treatment plan is cervical traction and a topical cream. PA enters the room handing me the RX for the cervical traction along with the locations available. I ask what cervical traction is, physical therapy for my neck to stregthen the muscles and excerises to reduce stiffness\pain. The topical cream is to be used 2-3 times a day for pain. It will arrive in the mail in a week. At this point I am thinking I have wasted the last 90 minutes to be told to do the same things that I am currently doing at home and have done for the last 18+ months. Dr Gopez assures me that in 3 weeks I will be cured. My response was I have had this issue for over 1.5 years not to sure that another 3 weeks will cure me. I inquired what to do for my pain while waiting for the topical (miracle cream) Dr Gopez responded with contact your PCP as we do not write RX's like that here. Okay I will contact my PCP. So I am looking for another doctor. This goes to show not all reviews are a way for individuals to bad mouth others. What they are saying just maybe the truth. Just my experience. Trusting One

November 19th, 2013
Dr. Gopez mis-placed neurostimulator on my spine and the medical device Company has been working to get it lower down over the pain in my foot without success. They decided that a further procedure was needed to lower the device on my spine but I just called and cancelled that procedure and will find another Nero group to care for me. Was treated very poorly over the phone by one of his PA's concerning asking for pain meds. Another Surgeon in this group (Abington Neuro Surgeons) botched a laminectomy, nicked my spinal cord and sent me home leaking spinal fluid only to open me up again a week later in an emergency surgery since the incision was infected. Bottom line...stay away from Abington Neurological Associates in general.

June 22nd, 2012
Very happy with his care
Dr. Gopez did my brain surgery. He did an excellent job and is a very nice doctor. I highly recommend him!

August 17th, 2010
Long Wait and No follow Through
I saw Dr. Gopez after moving to the area a few months ago. After a long wait to get an appointment and then a long wait in first the waiting room and then in the exam room, I first saw an assistant and after another long wait I finally saw Dr. Gopez. With a brief evaluation he concluded that he needed to see my earlier records before he could make a decision. I went to a great deal of trouble to get the records and then had another long wait first in the waiting room and then again in the exam room. After a brief look at my records he implied my previous neurologist/surgeon was an idiot and that my records were worthless. According to him I obviously had a fractured vertebra - something the idiot had already told me. Now I would need both an MRI and a cat-scan, but no explanation why. After having both,and another long wait in the waiting room, and exam room, he ignored the cat scan (something I'm sure my insurance company would be thrilled with after paying that much money) and said according to the MRI I would need surgery.At this point I was tired of waiting and the lack of continuity between appointments. I wouldn't have minded repeating my history each time if he'd at least given me the time to recite it, but he only appeared to have time to make a pronouncement and then leave without a real explanation of his orders. Not someone I wanted performing surgery on my back.

April 14th, 2009
Great doctor, but...
His office staff is too busy gossiping to acknowledge waiting patients, send out preliminary paperwork, or schedule surgery.