Dr. Jonas Leibowitz MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

October 9th, 2016
Be prepared to wait
Dr L is a super nice guy- spends a lot of time with patients, perhaps that is why I waited over an hour to see him. I was sitting in the waiting room thinking This was my last time here because of the ridiculous wait but once I got in he was so nice that I changed my mind. He apologized for the wait and told me a better time to make my appointment. My labs were done and I was pleasantly surprised that he called me the next day with the results. I have found with other doctors I have had to chase them for days to get a call back. I had no issue with the staff as others have...

November 17th, 2015
It's so hard to write a review...
I have been seeing him for about 7 years now and sometimes I just don't know why. I say it's hard to write a review because he comes highly recommended and keeps my dosage regulated well, but his office staff is horrible (which everyone says) and he has no bedside manner and does not really seem to care about his patients. I've tried other docs but always come back. Unfortunately. He doesn't care about your symptoms or about trying any new methods to help you. He doesn't return calls or get back to you with results. To be honest, he doesn't care about you at all. His office staff is so rude and he doesn't care. If you can find someone else, please do it. I never had any luck.

September 8th, 2015
Rude and unprofessional
One of the rudest doctor's I have ever come across. Clearly has an inferiority complex.

July 20th, 2015
Good physician. Good knowledge. Good diagnostician. So glad I am one of his patients

June 1st, 2015
Great doc

June 1st, 2015
Most knowledgeable, caring physician
Was in the office when a crazy person started screaming and cursing at the front office staff. She was unhappy they were taking too long to bring her free samples. The staff said unfortunately any lunatic can walk off the street to see any doctor they want. Fortunately, most patients are quite nice and are very considerate... I'm glad because I know Dr. Leibowitz for 14 years and he is very kind and caring.

April 9th, 2015
This guy is unethical
I went to this doctor after having been referred by my GP. He seemed uninformed during our appointment and had very little to say. He seemed like he wanted me to diagnose myself - which annoyed me. He never followed up with blood work he had ordered - and I chased him around. Then he billed me for NOTHING. Stay away from this clown. He is too busy to get back to his patients but has plenty of time to bill them. This is the kind of Doctor to avoid no bedside manner and NO ethics. Then when I wanted to dispute my bill it was clear I was just one in a long list of unsatisfied patients. They have scam written all over them! Steer Clear!

February 24th, 2015
God forbid if you have to call dr Leibovitz you need to call him for days for him to call you back If you need him to explain your situation he will do so briefly never having time to explain anything

October 5th, 2014
Mrs
Thank God, I met Dr. Jonas, my PCP, Dr. Martin Sayagy prescribe me with Qsymia without even asking if I was pregnant, left alone given a pregnancy test, or explaining the side effects. For a person who is planing on having a baby, thank goodness for Dr. Jonas, he took the time to explain every thing about the drug to me, including the fact that it can give babies birth defects, he is well rounded and knowledgeable and so informative, he is a God sent.

November 29th, 2013
Helped me so much
Felt like the doctor listened carefully to everything I said. He explained my condition to me and I felt more confident and much better after I left that everything would be ok.

September 17th, 2013
Hope this helps
My son and I have been seeing Dr. L for about four years now. I am happy for the one stop shopping and to be done with the rigid pediatric endocrinologist my son used to see. I am also loving the fact blood is drawn right in the office - again, one stop shopping. Staff has always been efficient. Margie is just delightful and always helpful - on the phone, with samples for my son when he forgets to renew his meds, and during our visits. Appointments are easy to make and I feel Dr. L spends time with me - have never felt rushed. He is easy to talk to as well. I usually initiate the call to follow up on bloodwork but hey, I know the drill and can handle one phone call!

August 8th, 2013
Science
I did not make it past the waiting area. The receptionist was incredibly rude and gave me a tough time about my insurance. I tried to make it clear that I had insurance and that it had been used just yesterday in fact. I found myself yelling because of the way she spoke to me. Meanwhile I have stitches that are visible to her from a surgery I had last week. As I left I heard her snicker and say something under her breath. No courtesy at all from staff. There are other doctors, there is no need for a patient to be abused.