Dr. Jonathan Alexander MD Patient Reviews

March 3rd, 2015
They don't make 'em like this anymore.
Best Doc ever

April 11th, 2014
Zero Stars for this know-it-all MBA style doctor
I went to ask about a butterfly rash on my face that appeared a few years ago, when I was 23. He was very cocky in assuring me that this was not a Lupus malar rash because, oh wow, he had just come from a seminar on the topic. The problem is he has no experience with Lupus and is extremely arrogant to be carrying on as if he knows what he is talking about. Within a month, after many tests, I had a firm diagnosis for lupus and needed to start medication. Dr. Alex came to his conclusion inappropriately and prescribed me rosacea meds needlessly (glad I did not take!) Also he must not have been paying attention in his seminar because I had the "textbook" butterfly rash. He was very phony in his social skills, tried making personal conversation about speaking Spanish. (I am not paying $100 for smarty-pants chit chat, Dr. Alex, especially when it feels forced and "salesman-y"), and his office is too aggressive with sales . They wanted to sell me on a full body screen for skin cancer which they were ready to do right there. When I declined they were pushy and tried to make me feel afraid of skin cancer with photos and factoids. The nurse was not pleasant about this awkward exchange. The vibe was clear: "you are irresponsible for not caring about your health enough to pay us to scan you" I did not feel Dr Alex was very thoughtful or even knowledgeable about health. When I asked what then was causing the rash, he replied "inflammation". I told him that inflammation is not a cause but a symptom of an underlying problem. He and the nurse agreed but basically they don't know what was causing my rash and Dr Alex didn't seem to think there was anything I could even do about it. He told me it was just the "type" of skin I have (even though the rash appeared suddenly at 23 years) and my parents probably had the same thing. A malar rash is a sign of something WRONG and it doesn't take a dermatology degree to know that our skin communicates health. "Rashy" isn't just another skin tone, like olive or fair. It's painful, irritated, inflamed, very pronounced, like a sunburn. And no, my parents did not have a butterfly rashes because neither one of them had lupus. I can not recommend this dork to anyone.

June 4th, 2010
dr. alexander is a breath of fresh air. at a time when dr.'s are squeezed by insurance co.'s, and are forced to rush patients through a office visit dr alexander takes the time to explain your condition and treatment and encourages your questions. he is a true professional.